CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, January 1, 2009

Can you believe it?

It's 2009.

That's crazy! The years just fly by. Don't they?

I hope and pray this is the best year we've ever had. I pray for great victories and healings and deliverances. I'm gonna pray and beleive!!!

So, yesterday, I cleaned my house all day. And I do mean, all day. I even organized drawers and such. I love that.

Last night we had a house full of people for the band service. Ah! It was great. Several came that were not even on our band. We probably had 25 people here. It was nice. I did a devotion on New Years Resolutions. I talked about people being "fervent" or very passionate about starting their resolutions. They believe this is the year they will be successful. Then I read the scripture about the effectual "fervent" prayer of a righteouss man availeth much.

I gave everyone a piece of paper and had them right down the things they wanted to see God do this year. How we need to be fervent in our praying and beleive with all that's in us that "this is going to be the year" for our answered prayers.

Most of the time, New Year's Resolutions don't last. People forget about them in February or March and go back to their old habits. But when we are fervent in our praying and we are living a righteous life (that's the key) we can expect God to complete or finish the work.

Then, we all went to different areas of the house and had a good season of prayer. I loved it. There were people everywhere.

We had some good eatin and good fellowship. Although, we didn't play our game (sorry, Megan). We had a good selection of Mexican food. It was just a good night.

Today, I stayed in bed until after 9am. I must have been more tired than I thought. Every New Years Day, my Nanny has the family over for "black-eyed peas"....NO THANK YOU! I don't do any kind of pea! Yuck! But, it's a tradition she has. I'll go over there to be with my family but no peas for me.

I hope everyone has a great New Years Day and a great New Year!!!

0 comments: