CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

An adventure with Chandler

Yesterday was a normal day except for the wild goose chase that Chandler and I went on.

Let me explain. The place that was fixing the hood of my car called yesterday. This was a big surprise because we were not expecting them to call for a couple of days. We had taken my car just the day before. They had fixed it in 24 hours. That could mean one of two things. They are really good, know there stuff and my car looks perfect or they don't have a clue what they are doing, they rushed through the work and my car looks like junk. Thankfully, after I saw the car, it was the first of the two. It looks great.

Anyway, Steve gave me directions to where my car was and where I needed to go to turn in the rental car. Chandler went with me becasue I needed him to drive my car and follow me to the Hertz rental place. We find the Auto Art shop with no problem. We get my car, like I said, it looks great. I'm very pleased. Chandler is driving my car. He can't drive the rental due to insurance purposes. So, he follows me and off we go to Hertz rental.

Here's where are adventure begins...........

I head toward the "area" where Steve told me Hertz was. The closer I get, I realize, I'm lost. I turn into "a" parking lot because there is a sign that says...."Enterprise" car rental. I roll down my window and ask Chandler...."Is Hertz and Enterprise the same place?" I don't think he really knows. So, I continue down the road to find nothing. I turn back around and head back toward the Enterprise place, convincing myself these two places must be the same place since there is no sign that says, Hertz. Everytime I turn around, Chandler just looks at me as if to say exactly what Steve would stay to me....."WHAT are you doing" ha!

Anyway, I pull into the Enterprise place, go in, hand the guy the rental keys and say, " I need to turn in a rental car". He takes the keys, looks at them and says, "I've never seen one like this". He trys to pull us up in the computer and has no luck. He asks when we got the car and I told him just yesterday. Hmmmm, he can't seem to find us in the system.

He looks at the keys again and says...."oh, this is Hertz, we are Enterprise, your at the wrong place". Oh good grief! I can't help but get tickeled at myself. Another guy in there says, "Hertz is down the road." So, I go back out, tickeled at myself and tell Chandler...."we are at the wrong place" hahaha! He looks at me again with a look of "only you, mom". lol

So, we head, AGAIN, toward the place the guy told us. I get closer and see this tiny little sign that says, "Hertz". I go toward the sign, pass the sign and see NOTHING! O.K. this is getting ridiculous! I roll my window down and ask a man walking through the parking lot..."Do you know where the Hertz place is?" He points to a building and says, "right in there".

I park the car, go in, and FINALLY I'm here. The guy says he needs to check the mileage. I wait. He comes back and says I was suppose to fill the car back up with gas. Your kidding me! I should have known that, but I didn't. He said he could just charge me for the gas. So, that's exactly what I did. I WAS NOT going back now after all that. hahaha!

What an adventure!

3 comments:

Autumn said...

Huh Tam!!!!! haha! I can picture cha's face perfect!!!

Vic said...

Tam are you sure your not blonde? I drove to a place 60 miles from Macon with landmarks not street signs for directions, red clay dirt roads and incorrect order of numbers on the mailboxes...Man you would still be looking wouldn't you? lol...

Kasey said...

Only you Tam...haha. I love ya, but only you.