CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, January 5, 2009

Back to the grind

After a 3 week break, today is the day to try to get back to a normal routine. It's never easy. We start back with school today.

Morgan was really bummed about something last night. She had this ONE thing she was fussing about. I had to remind her of all the other good things that she was forgetting about beacuse she was focusing on that one thing that was bugging the daylights out of her.

I said that to say. I could fuss about school starting back today. I could complain that I wish we had another week, and how bad I really didn't want to have to do it. But, I'm gonna remind myself just like I reminded Morgan last night. I'm SO thankful that we home school. I'm so thankful that my kids are not starting back to public schools today. (I'm not at all downing those that go to public school, but for us, we choose home school).

So, rather than complaining about "getting back to the grind", I'm gonna thank the Lord that my kids are at home, in a safe, good influenced enviornment. Thank you, Jesus.

My dad has always been one to find the good in everything, and I do mean everything. He can find good when you think there is NO way good is there to be found. I pray to have this quality.
I think it pleases the Lord. I'm not talking about putting your head in the sand and ignoring bad things around you. But, even in the bad, you can find some good. Right?

I'm leaving here shortly to go clean my Monday morning house. That's another thing I'm thankful for. I thank the Lord for giving me this opportunity to bring in some extra cash. It's been helpful.

So, let me encourage you in whatever your "grind" may be. The Bible says to give thanks in everything for this is the will of the Lord. I want to please the Lord in everything, how bout you?!

4 comments:

Brandon Shaw said...

Thank you for this post, it really encouraged me. :)

Amanda Bull said...

Thanks for that post. I needed it today.

cokelady said...

Me, too! Wow--you didn't know you were anointed when you wrote that, did you?! ;-)

Thanks!

LaDonna said...

Looking at things from a different perspective can help us see things the way the Lord wants us to see them. I pray I can always find the good no matter what the circumstance, and that I will always remember to be thankful for even the little things.