CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Just finished with...

...family devotion and thought I'd post a quick one.

This morning Chandler and I went to pick up his car from the place that fixed it....this time. We have had so much trouble out of that car. We have put way too much money into it but what do ya do? You can't sell it not running, right? When it broke down this time, Steve said...."O.K. this time we sell it!". Well, after having it fixed, we don't know whether to sell it or keep it. We don't know if this time it will go forever or break down again. So, we came up with a solution. Steve put it on Craigslist tonight at a higher selling price than even we bought it for. And, we are praying becasue the Lord is the only one who knows if we should get rid of it or not. Our prayer is....if it sells for the higher amount, then we sell it. If it does not sell for the higher amount, we keep it. We don't come down past a specific price, therefore we know we should keep it. Who knows? Just have to trust the Lord on it.

I ran errands today. Paid bills. Went to the bank. Went to Kohls and spent a gift card that I got for Christmas. I got a $50 picture frame for 60% off. I only paid $19.99. And, it's a big one, a 11x14. I have this great picture of my kids and my brothers kids that I needed a frame for. It looks so good. I now have it hanging in my family room.

Tomorrow I need to clean my house. We are not having service at church tomorrow night so I decided to have a band service here at the house. In case you are not familar with a band service, it's on the lines of a prayer service with a smaller group of people. The church membership is broken down into smaller groups and have monthly meetings. We "band" together in prayer and devotion and such. Should be fun. We are gonna have a good season of prayer for the new year and something else on the lines of new years resolutions. (I don't want to tell what it is cause I don't want to give it away until after tomorrow night). And, we are gonna eat Mexican food. And, of course, play catch phrase. (I keep saying.."And"..) That has become our regular band service game.

Until next time...
later

1 comments:

Brandon Shaw said...

I'm going to miss everyone on new years. :/ Hope the band service goes well anyway.