CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, January 31, 2008

I'm hooked for sure!!!

Today was my first official shopping day at Kroger...not Walmart. I went in with my sale ad and coupons and was ready for some deals. And deals are exactly what I got. First of all, I'm gonna have to learn where everything is at Kroger. I know Walmart like the back of my hand and so I guess I'll have to do the same at Kroger. I love the 10 for 10 specials that they have, meaning each item is 1 dollar. I racked up on Ragu spaghetti sauce. (even got some for mom & dad's pounding this Sunday). So, to make a long story short cause I was in there at least an hour and a half. I ended up not getting my ground turkey (we use ground turkey instead of ground beef) cause I do believe it is cheaper at Walmart. But, I did get more food than usual...example...they had the 10 for 10 on bread so I got 2 loaves where I usually only get one. And I prefer wheat bread and they had it on sale 2 for $4 so I got two and stuck one of them in the freezer for next week. I got several deals like that. They had hand soap 10 for $10 so I got 2 of them. And the cool thing will be when I have a coupon for those items and they will be even cheaper. My usual grocery bill for the week runs around $200.00. My grand total for today was.......***drum roll please**** $134.00

Isn't that awesome? I'm pumped up about it. I should have been doing this years ago. You should try it, unless you already are and if you already are..good for you!

5 comments:

Vicki Smith said...

I sure wish there was a Kroger in Cleveland! I miss it. In Colorado they were called King Soopers or City Market, but they're all owned by the same parent company that owns Kroger.

Brandon Shaw said...

Like the new background :)

Kasey said...

good job mrs shopper :)

Sara said...

I like your new background!

Amanda Bull said...

Ooh! I love me some Kroger 10 for $10! I get all of Caleb's snacks and drinks for school at Kroger and I save big time.