CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, January 7, 2008

From 14 degrees to 70 degrees

For those of you who live around these parts, is this weather crazy or what? I even rode with the windows partly down in my car today. It's January, shouldn't I have the heat on? Hmmmmmm....strange.

Anyway, my Monday so far has been good. I praise the Lord for another day that He has given to me. I'm saved by the blood of the Lamb. I'm sanctified, cleansed with NO desire to sin and I carry within me each and everyday a guide to show me the way, a teacher to teach me what I yet need to learn and a comforter to keep me calm in a world that is full of chaos, the sweet Holy Ghost. Thank you Jesus!!!

I got up around 8:00, I think. I always get up before my kiddos. Honestly, Chandler would sleep half the day. I remember as a teenager, I did the exact same thing on Saturday's, so I can't really fuss at him for wanting to sleep in when I did it at his age. But, on school days, after I've had my coffee and morning devotion I start rounding them up. I say START, cause it usually takes at least 20 to 30 minutes before I actually hear them coming down the stairs. I made out their school lesson plan for the week and Chandler and I began Algebra II. ****Testimony here*** When I was in school, Math WAS NOT my thing...let me repeat, Math WAS NOT my thing. O.K. let me tell off on myself so I can really paint the picture. I tried Algebra I for one semester and failed the first semester. I quickly removed myself from Algebra I, never to try it again. Little did I know 20 plus years ago that I would be homeschooling my own children and would face Algebra again. Last year, Algebra I, in the beginning, not so good. Very hard and stressful. So, I decided....I need help and I KNOW the Lord can help me understand this so that I can teach my son. So I prayed and I called others for prayer. Guess what? Yep, it worked!!!! It began to click and I will say that this year, Algebra II has been even easier. I give God the praise for this. The desire of my heart is to home school my kids and the Bible says he will give us the desires of our heart, right? So, no matter the need, big or small, what you might think doens't matter...if it matters to you, it matters to God!

Lynn and I ran 4 miles today. Gearing up for that 1/2 marathon. Fun!Fun!

Tonight the dinner menu consist of: Salmon patties, green beans, corn, potatoes, and wheat rolls. Yum...yum and I think I might make some cookies for my family to munch on tonight.

Wednesday night is the WMB service and momma asked me to speak so I think I will start working on that tonight. I have an awesome topic but I better not tell what it is, she might not want me to give it away before then. Trust me...it's good stuff!!

Well, this has been a rather long post....just for you Caetie...LOL!!!!! love ya!

Hope everyone is doing well and remembers to count your blessings! They are truly all around us in ways we don't even realize. DAILY, He loadeth us with them!!

Love to all

4 comments:

Brandon Shaw said...

:O :O We're having salmon patties and green beans and potatoes too!!!

Weird...

Tam said...

It's that one mind thing...love unity! hehe

Kasey said...

I am glad you are being blessed with the math stuff. It is my LEAST fav subject.

Caet said...

Thanks....

I wish I could have come over for dinner! YUM!