CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, January 12, 2008

Update

on Lynn's father. I really don't know a whole lot more other than they let him go home from the hospital yesterday. He has a doctor's appt. on Monday or Tuesday to give the the final verdict, (how much time he has and such as that). Lynn is staying there until after they get that news. She said she would be making trips back to Mississippi to help with her dad and visit with him. (I don't blame her at all for that). Please keep praying that he will make things right with the Lord, I believe he will. I truly do. God is merciful! Please keep praying for Lynn. I'm sure she feels the strength of the prayers.

So, what does today hold? Hmmmmm, not too much that I know of. I'll be doing stuff around the house. Run (which I'll be doing without my running buddy, since she's in Mississippi) and that's about it. I may go visit with Brad for a while too. O.K. this may mean nothing to you (hopefully you will be just as excited as we were though). Last night when we were eating, Brad drank from a straw twice. Something that we just take for granted. How many times do you "think" about it when you drink from a straw? Exactly! Anyway....he actually got the coke to come all the way through the straw and drank it. This is one of those things that he hasn't been able to do since his accident (I think Em has seen him do it once) but he did it twice last night. Things like this excite us!! It excites him when he has accomplished something new as well. Anyway, I wanted to share this "GOOD" thing with you guys. Every GOOD and every perfect gift comes from Jesus. So, for this good thing, I thank the Lord!

We went and ate Mexican with Rick & Les, Brad & Em and Mommma last night. I guess that's our eating out for the weekend (remembering my commitment to eat out every other weekend & we didn't at all last weekend....**pats self on the back cause we were invited twice and I didn't cave*** I read on Em's blog that she is trying to not eat out as much either...good for you Em...we will save some money together. I'm telling ya...when all 4 of us eat out...it's a good 40 or 50 bucks and try that 2 or 3 times in a weekend..shew...OUCH! on the wallet.

I hope everyone truly enjoys their Saturday.

2 comments:

Erika J. said...

y'all must eat cheap cause sometimes just for Lance & I to eat, it's almost $40.


okay, i must've totally missed something. does Lynn's dad have cancer? should i already know what's wrong with him?

Tam said...

I posted it in an earlier post. Yes, he has cancer and an anurysm (sp?)