CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, January 27, 2008

3 months behind

Today has been a great day! Church was good this morning and REALLY good tonight. God knows just what we need, when we need it. I'm so glad of that. So let me back up a bit. We headed home after church this morning. Lunch for me consisted of tuna and chips. Morgan had a PB and J sandwich with chips, Chandler had hot pockets, and Steve had left overs from Friday night. It was a pasta thingy that I found in our church cookbook. Steve and Chandler headed to the meet Rick at the gold course since it wasn't freezing today while Morgan and I hung out around the house.

Let me give you a piece of advice...DO NOT wait 3 months to balance your check book. Yep, I did it...3 statements behind so I decided this afternoon to roll up my sleeves and dive in. Oh my word....what a nightmare. I worked on it for at least an hour, maybe longer until time to go to choir practice at 5, which was great. We are singing at the district convention next Saturday. After church, Kasey gave me the old guilt trip about going out to eat....."You know I will be moving in a couple of weeks so plllllleeeeeaaaasssseeee go" How could I say no to that, right? So a whole slew of us went to Steak n Shake. I think there were about...ummmm...let me count real quick.....18 of us in all. It was great fellowship. I got the best salad. I think it was called something like, Apple-Almond-grilled Chicken with raspberry vinegarette dressing....It was delish, I must say.

Back home....back to the checkbook balancing. Finally, at the end, I had to call for my husband's intervention. He is the math dude in the family and I needed some serious help. He told me I should ask his sister to help me learn how to balance the check book on the computer. I really should do that, so Denise if you read this, you may be getting a call girl.. HELP!!!!! It would be really nice to just enter some numbers, push a button and wa la....check book balanced.

Now, I'm really tired. I didn't sleep too well last night which is kinda funny because I had just told Rick and Les a few hours earlier as we were eating at the Red Robin...(we were talking about sleep habits/patterns and such as that) that I don't have any problems sleeping. I usually sleep through the night, like a baby. I don't even have to get up to go to the bathroom and wouldn't you know it... the very night I said that....I didn't sleep well. I'm sure tonight I will make up for lost sleep though. So, that brings me too....

Good night all

3 comments:

Erika J. said...

i've waited about that long to balance my checkbook before and i know the nightmare that it is. so guess what i did! i just stopped balancing it all together. HAHA! i just watch for things to clear on the internet and keep up with everything that way. i haven't had any trouble thus far and i've been doing it for at least 6 months.

Vic said...

Ha I can top both of you...I NEVER balance my checkbook and haven't in over 30 years...I have that much confidence in my ability to keep up with every penny...lol...I know, I know, some will say that is crazy, but it works for me...I am very precise in some areas of my life...

I used to do the business checking the same way...lol The I made the mistake of subtracting 60.00 instead 600.00...lol So due to the volume of monies, I decided to be more exacting with the company accounts...

Kasey said...

good grief...I am a pleasure to be around...i shouldnt have to guilt anyone ;) hahaha