CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas stuff

Christmas Eve at my parents house......The Best! This year was extra fun and exciting because of my nephew, Tristan. He is two and a half and boy did he make that night special. My mom always does stockings for the 5 grandkids first. When Tristan got his, he pulled the stuff out and got to some match box cars. HE WENT NUTS with excitement. I'm not kidding you. There are no words to describe how excited he got, but I'll try......

He saw the cars and his eyes got huge and he started squeeling and jumping up and down saying..."Nanny, Nanny, Nanny.....look...cars....cars.....cars, Nanny. " Then he runs and leaps into her arms with a huge hug. IT WAS PRICELESS!!!!!!

From there, every gift that he got, he did the same thing, hugging whoever was the closest to him. The night and the gifts became about him. AH! It was soooooo sweet.

We had so much good food at my mom's. She had this new desert thingy that someone had made for them while on one of their Georgia trips.....YUMMY! It had grapes, condensed milk, nuts, and I think brown sugar. I can't really remember but it was oh so good. I had 2 helpings, and I think Les had 3. ha!

Christmas morning, of course, we have our Christmas. The 4 of us. And, yet again, it was wonderful. We have had a tradition since the kids were little that they sleep in our floor on Christmas Eve night. Just so we can all be together. Morgan has no problem with it at all. Chandler doesn't have a problem with it either, he just really likes his bed. lol. And, he's 16 now. But, just for his momma, he did it. They both made a pallet in our floor. AH! I loved it. About 5ish, I wake up with Chandler standing over me, wide awake, saying...."can we just get up now?.....I cannot sleep....I've been up since 4 something (I think). Bless his heart, that floor was miserable, I guess. HA! I told him to go get in his bed for a while until we got up. He didn't even say a word, just grabbed his pillow and went up. I have to give him credit for trying to sleep in the floor. Later after we got up, he said he could not sleep. He had even gotten up to watch some T.V. before he woke me up. Poor thing. But, he did it just for me. What a kid!

So, I would continue but Rick just texted me and we are meeting them for Mexican. So, I will continue my Christmas talk next time.......

0 comments: