CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

IT'S CHRISTMAS EVE

YAH! It's Christmas Eve. I love it!!!!! So far today, I stayed in bed until 9 this morning. I've done some cleaning in the house and some laundry. Oh my goodness....speaking of laundry, let me share what I did.....I'm getting so old or something....Vic, you will love this one.

I washed a whole load of laundry this morning with NOTHING in the washing machine. LOL! I put the detergent in, started the water....and that 's it...HA! I went to put my liquid fabric softner in when it was time for the rince cycle, I opened the lid, looked in and thought..."what in the world?!" I put my hand down in there and there was nothing in it except water and suds. I totally forgot to put the clothes in. HAhahahahahaha!!!! Now, that 's bad.

Here shortly, Lynn, me and Steve are gonna go for a run. How's that for dedication, on Christmas Eve?!

And then tonight at 6pm....I will be where I have been for the past 40 years on Christmas Eve (except for the one year after Brad's accident, then we were at my Nanny's house). My favorite place to be on Christmas Eve....my parent's house. I love this night! Really, with all my heart, I love this night. It's special. With our traditions of me reading the Christmas story from the Bible, and then all of us getting in a circle, holding hands and sharing what we are most thankful for this past year. It never fails, we cry. Most all of us, we cry. But, I love it! I have the BEST family in this world. Ah! Thank you, Jesus!

I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. If you have Jesus in your life, truly, you have so much to be thankful for. And, if for some reason, you don't have Jesus, you don't know what your missing. I can't imagine any day with out Him and especially Christmas. He IS Christmas!!!!!

love you all!

4 comments:

Vic said...

There are so many things I miss, but Christmas Eve is one of the biggest ones...I hope for a restoration of that experience in my life again...All of us home for Christmas Eve!

Anonymous said...

SANTA! OH MY GOSH!! SANTA'S COMING! I KNOW HIM! I KNOW HIM!

(hahaha, have you seen Elf? Because that was only funny if you had. And if you haven't, you really, really, need to see it; it's hilarious.)

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!! I love you!!

cokelady said...

What a neat Christmas Eve tradition! How special. I just love things like that. You truly are blessed to have such a family.

But you're wrong. MINE is the best family of all. ;-)

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Autumn said...

tam that has to be one of the funniest things I've ever heard!! that's something I'd do and I'm 18!