CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas stuff continued

You need to read my previous post before you read this one if you haven't casue this one just continues from before.

O.K. I think I was up to Christmas morning. It was fantastic, as always. I love my gifts, all of them. But, one of my favorites was my trash can. Yep, that's right. My trash can. For years, I've had this pitiful looking white trash can that was in a cabnit. I would have to take the trash out at least twice a day because it was so small. I used the tall kitchen size bags that were taller than the trash can, so I ended up wasting about half of the trash bag. But not anymore.....I got this beautiful stainless steel/black one that matches my kitchen. It is almost twice the size of the dinky white one. The tall kitchen bags actually fit so no more wasting the trash bag. I'm so happy with it. And, it sits right out in the open not under the cabnit. For 5 years the old one has been in the same place so every time any of us go to throw something away, we go to the old place, not where the new one is. We will probably do that for months. All four of us do it. And, it's funny, you always know who goes to the old trash can spot, cause whoever it is says....AH, MAN....how long am I gonna do that?" It's funny. Probably sometime this summer we will get use to where the new one is.

So, ya wanna see it? Here it is.....

And, the old ugly one.....

Much better huh?
So, after we open our gifts we get ready and head over to Steve's family. We rotate houses and this year we were at Denise's house (Steve's sister). Guess what we had for Christmas dinner?
Nope...not turkey and ham and dressing.
We had lasagna. Yep, regular lasagna and chicken lasagna. Yummy...good! It was a great day.
I was really excited about what we got my mother-in-law for Christmas. Her grandkids call her Mimi. There is this cafe in Murfreesboro that is called "Mimi's Cafe". Steve had the idea of taking a picture of the sign out front and framing it for her to hang in her kitchen. Isn't that too cool? So, we did. Denise took the picture for us, she's the photographer in the family, and a good one at that. And, I got a nice frame with a mat. It turned out really good. So, now Barbara (Steve's mom) has a picture in her kitchen that says..."Mimi's Cafe"....pretty clever, I thought!
Then on Friday, we went to Portland and spent the day with my dad's family. I think it was the best Christmas we've ever had up there. It was just fun!

All in all, it has been a GREAT Chirstmas!
I'm blessed.... very, very, blessed!!!!!!!!

1 comments:

Vicki Smith said...

Like the new template.
What a fun surprise to see your kids at church Sunday morning, not to mention your mom!
I'm so happy for you and your new trash can. (Bless your heart--such excitement over a trash can!)