CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

They almost got me

Last night the youth got together and hung out at Emily's apartment.  Chandler called to make sure it was O.K. for Josh to stay the night at our house.  Of course.  A few minutes later Morgan called to see if she could go stay the night with Andrea.  Sure.  


A little while later, the front door bell rings.  Why Morgan doesn't carry her house key is beyond me.  Anyway, I open the front door and Morgan has this "look" on her face and says....."momma, Cha got pulled over".    "what, are you serious?".   "Yes, I promise, he got pulled over.  He and Josh are coming right behind us".  "Did he get a ticket?"  "I'm not saying anything, ask him."

Chandler and Josh are walking up the sidewalk.  I say to him....."Did you get a ticket?"  

Let me say here.....we've told him that if he ever gets a speeding ticket that his car keys are ours for a while.

He doesn't say anything, he just hands his keys to me.  "CHANDLER"!!!!!

By this point, all 4 of them...Morgan, Andrea, Chandler and Josh are in the house.  I look over at Josh and he's laughing.  I thought he was laughing AT Cha for getting a ticket.  Cha thought he was laughing because he couldn't "keep it up".  They were pulling one over on me, and I must say...."they got me"

AH!  Yes, he did get pulled over but it was not for speeding.  Come to find out, your not suppose to drive in the left lane unless you are passing another car.  Chandler did not know this.  When the police officer asked Chandler if he was aware of this and Cha told him no, he just said..."well, don't do it again."  

It scared Chandler to death.  For real...it scared him silly.  This is the first time he's ever been pulled over.  It was at night, and the policeman shined this big light throughout Chandler's  car. HA!  You know that "sick" feeling as soon as you see those blue lights behind you?!

Anyway, it was funny....after I realized he did not get a speeding ticket!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's ridiculous. they just pulled him over because he was a teenager driving at night, and they wanted an excuse to catch him doing something he wasn't suppose to be doing..

Autumn said...

OH MY WORD! I bet he wet his pants!! ah I would do anything to be able to have seen that!! Thank you EVERYONE for praying for Josi's family!! her dad in particular!!! CONTINUE TO BE PRAYING!! love ya'll!

Amanda Bull said...

Aw, bless his heart. That's a silly thing to pull a kid over for. I remember the first time I got pulled over - it scared me, too.

Karen said...

Silly police officers. Sure the passing lane is the left lane but c'mon thats a little extreme. Its funny that you thought he got a ticket. I can imagine your reaction. I wish there had been a camera.