CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Thursday

What a boring title.....oh well....

I've got to go to the store today and get the stuff for tomorrow night. Let me explain....the youth are having a lock-in at the church but they are starting out with a "progressive dinner". Let me continue to explain..... they are starting at the Donnafield house for appetizers and worship, then they are progressing to the Fox house for dinner and devotion, then they are progressing to the Mayberry house for desert and prayer. Then they are progressing to the church for the rest of the night. Cool, huh? I love this idea! Good job, Amy!

Well, for the dinner, I think I'm doing spaghetti. That's easy enough for so many people. And, for the most part, everyone likes spaghetti. For the devotion, well, I'm not telling cause many of them will read this and I don't want to give it away. It's too cool though, the inspiration that God has given me.

I'm also going today in search of a certain color skirt. I got a super cute sweater at Goodwill last week and I need a skirt to wear with it.

The Riddell children are coming over today. Autumn is going to be watching them for Rachel.

Hmmmm, I guess that's all for now.

4 comments:

LaDonna said...

Wish Linds and I could be there. Sounds like a lot of fun. Chels said you invited her for Thanksgiving dinner. Thanks; I appreciate that. It's killing me that she won't be with me, but at least I know she will be with people who love her just as much. Thanks again. I don't worry too much about her because I know she has people like you looking out for her. Love you all.

Erika J. said...

that does sound like a very cool idea. i wish we had youth down here to share such things with.

Anonymous said...

**thinks of less boring title**

"it's the fifth day after the ides of november"
hahaha.

i'm so stoked for friday!
i can't wait to hear you devotion, i know it'll be fantastic. and to eat your spaghetti, of course. :)

Vicki Smith said...

I've been involved in a few progressiver dinners. I love them! They're so much fun. The most memorable one had 5 stops, I believe. First we had appetizers, then soup, then the next house was salad, next the main dish and finally dessert. We did this on New Year's Eve, then we prayed in the new year at the 5th house. It was crazy fun because everyone was going on the mandatory diet starting the next day. LOL! It's been a lot of years since I've been able to be a part of progressive dinner. *wiping a wistful tear* Have fun! :-D