CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Thanksgiving Journal

Last night I was reading through the WMB paper and read about starting a "Thanksgiving Journal". I thought.....I would love to do this. So, starting on Thanksgiving Day, I'm gonna start a journal of thanksgiving. The point is to write something you are thankful for each day. Love it!

Speaking of being thankful. Last night in our family devotion, Steve was saying how thankful he is for his job. I'm telling you, this job was Heaven sent. With his job before, there was SO much stress. With this one, it's basically stress free. I said to him, "it's just perfect". He said, "well, the perfect job would be to get paid for not having to work" ha! But, for having a job, this one is perfect.

All those months of waiting and waiting and waiting and wondering when and how and what? All that time, God had this one in store for us. A girl at our church sings a song, "you can't ask too much of my God", and its true. In His perfect timing, with faith, He will answer. And it's usually better than you ask for. Oh, what a Mighty God we serve!!!

Speaking of being thankful, can you believe it's the week before Thanksgiving? I LOVE IT! I absolutley love this time of year. I love the whole hustle/bustle of it all. The Christmas music playing in the stores, the Christmas commercials....all of it. It just makes me feel good. Wanna hear what I've asked for from Steve and the kids for Christmas? Well....I want lights to go under the cabnits in my kitchen. The kind that shine down on your countertops. I want nice ones, not just a rope light up under there. ha! My kitchen has never been light enough and I have always liked those shining down. I'm excited. I've gotta go to Lowes to check out what they have.

until next time.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ah, a Thanksgiving journal, I like that idea!

Sara said...

ooooh I love under the cabinet lighting.