CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, November 22, 2008

Progressive Dinner

Last night was the progressive dinner for the youth. It turned out really well. Tons of fun! They started out at the Donnafields. I didn't make that one. I stayed at home waiting for them to arrive here. Steve on the other hand had to deliver kids so he went. They all made it to our house around 8:30, I think. Tons of people and I do mean TONS of people showed up. It was great.

I have NEVER made so much spaghetti in my life. Steve told everyone that I had made a "bathtub" full. Well, it wasn't quite a bathtub full but it was alot. I think it turned out pretty good for being so much. There was just such "funness" (if that is even a word) in the air. Better yet, a great spirit of fellowship. I so love my church family!

I did the devotion on "progressive" sanctification. Wait just a minute before you "freak out" on me. I talked about there NOT being progessive sanctificaiton. That the blood of Jesus does an instant work. After talking on that, I spoke of receiving the Holy Ghost. And how I have such a desire to see ALL of our young people filled. I simply ask those that didn't have it yet....."what are you waiting on?"

After our spahetti dinner we all piled in cars and headed to the Mayberry's. She had some awesome deserts. But first, she had everyone put their names in a hat. We all drew a name and each had to share something we were thankful for about that person. It was neat!

When our fellowship was finished there, we piled in cars again and off to the church we went. Steve and I dropped off the ones that we had and becasue of the fact that I NEED my sleep we headed back to the house. We climbed in bed sometime around 12:30.

Chandler is home in bed and I probably will not see him for many hours. Morgan has not made it home yet but I'm sure she will go straight to her bed as well. Such fun times! Being a teenage, staying up all night, hanging out with friends. What a great life! And especially being with church people and "good clean" fun makes it even better.

changing books here.....

Autumn texted me about 8 this morning and said that they made it to Minnesota about an hour earlier. Thank the Lord for safe travel. Please continue to pray for her and her family. I'm sure they have many hard days ahead but God did promise His peace that passes ALL understanding. Life is hard sometime. I honsestly DO NOT know how people make it without Jesus!!!!!

I hope everyone enjoys their weekend. Only a couple of days until Thanksgiving. I'm so excited.

love you all!

3 comments:

Kasey said...

Sounds super fun!

Anonymous said...

you know what makes me super happy?!
.. the fact that i'm totally sitting in my favorite person's house right now!!!
(( that's you! ;D ))

Katie said...

Your devotion was VERY good and SOOO true!

The Holy Ghost is such a GREAT gift!

That really is a good question.. why aren't our Youth seeking and seeking there HARDEST to receive the Holy Ghost? Asking for that great gift ALL THE TIME until they receive it??

I love you! :)