CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, November 24, 2008

Saturday, Sunday and Monday

Saturday morning when I woke up, I was still tired. I don't think I got enough rest the night before. I need at least 8 hours of sleep and I think I only got about 6 1/2 hours. Steve and I went and ran and when we got back home, he watched the TN Vols game and I laid down on the couch. That's the last thing I really remember for the next 2 hours. I fell SOUND alseep. Ah! It felt so good. I can't remember the last time I slept for 2 straight hours in the middle of the day.

After getting cleaned up, Steve and I went and did a little shopping. He needed new brown dress shoes, which we found at Off Broadway. I am looking for a comforter to go on the bed that was left here by Autumn. Her room is now gonna be my guest bedroom. I didn't really have any luck but I only looked at one place. I've got to check out a few more.

That's about it for Saturday....

Sunday was a great day. Bro. Sutton preached a super message, as always. I really enjoy listening to him. After service we had our Thanksgiving dinner. YUM YUM! The food was fantabulous. And then Sunday night was such a powerful service. There was such a spirit of prayer that revailed. I truly believe God is gonna answer some things soon!

Today, Monday, I spent with Kim, Vic, Morgan and part of the day with Chelsei. Oh yeah, a whole slew of us went to Taco Bell after service last night and Chelsei decided to spend the night at our house. That sweet Chelsei Rae! She reminded me of something that I had totally forgotten about. Years ago, when she and Chandler were 4 years old her family was living in White Bluff. They had come down for Chandler's birthday party (I think) and Chelsei decided to stay and spend the night. Sometime in the night, she decided she wanted to go home. Well, White Bluff is not exactly the next street over. It was at least an hour away, if not longer. SO, the ONLY way I could get her to stay was to stay up "all night" with her and just us two have a slumber party. And, thats just what we did. Ah! memories!

Kim had asked me if I would come help decorate her house for Christmas today. We had fun. Kim and Vic are those friends that you know, no matter what, thru the good the bad and the ugly, they are right there! Life long friends!!!

On a totally different note.....
please pray for my nanny. She is very sick. She is at my parents house so that my mom can help take care of her. My grandparents "house sit" for my parents when they travel on the weekends and this weekend she got very sick. She is 86 years old, so please pray.

7 comments:

Vic said...

I had no idea who all would be helping my poor sister...Isn't it funny how she has no ability to decorate and needs so much help...I wouldn't trade her for a million sisters who could decorate but didn't have her heart...lol...It was fun, although we did more talking than working...The finished product was beautiful...I told somebody today we need a "walk through Christmas at Kim's house" hehehehe...Her over the top decorations is like a kid living in the candy shop!!!

You got that right...the good, the bad, the ugly, the mad, we stick together in any kind of weather...It's such a blessing to go through the very worst this life can throw and still have a deep love that nothing can divide or destroy...It's such a blessing from God...I have gone through the worst with you and I want to go through the rest with you and spend the best of eternity with you!!!!

Pam said...

Tammy is Autumn already moving out?

Kasey said...

I will pray for Nanny!

I wish you could see see my kitchen, its your favorite color, BROWN!

Anonymous said...

ahw, yay! i totally made it into your blog. haha.
seriously though, i totally remember that night like it happened yesterday! which is crazy because i don't remember very many things from my childhood...

Ahh, i just love you!! :D

Tam said...

Vic....I hope we are all holding hands together as we cross to the other side....shouting..."WE MADE IT...WE MADE IT"

Pam...yes, Autumn has moved out. She wanted to be "home" and I completely understand that.

Kasey....take a pic, I would love to see it.

Chels....Ah! I love you too!

Vicki Smith said...

So sorry to hear about your nanny. I'll add her to my prayer list.
As for the comforter, because of living in the middle of the Colorado Rocky Mountains for 9 years, 100 miles from the closest mall, I learned to do most of my shopping online. Check out www.brylanehome.com and www.domestications.com for comforter options. They have really good sales sometimes.

Pam said...

Okay I don't blame her either, I would love to have all of my kids home forever, but I know that won't happen.