CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, November 17, 2008

Great COLD weekend

For the first time this season, I got to turn my fireplace on. It has gotten cold enough for it. Ah! I love it! There is nothing like snuggling close to a fireplace. Speaking of snuggling close to a fireplace....I kid you not this really happened.....on Sunday, while the fireplace was blazing, I looked up and Dakota (Morgan's dog) was standing right smack in front of it, warming herself. She really was. It was too funny.

Saturday was a great day. We had Ladies Day and it was super. I was really blessed. The Lord revealed to me something that day that I needed to "fix" about myself. Thank you, Jesus! You know, I pray all the time that if there is anything about myself that isn't pleasing to the Lord or that needs "fine tuning" as my dad calls it for the Lord to let me know. Well, Saturday, He did. Something that I had no idea I was doing but in His Grace and Mercy, he let me know and for this I'm so grateful.

Yesterday, Sunday was a good day as well. The Fox family taught in Children's church and I feel like it went well. Our whole theme this quarter is on Noah. Yesterday our lesson was on Noah being "the key" to his family. It went well, and the kids really got into it. I thought our craft was cute. I had called ahead of time and asked for them to each bring a picture of themself. I gave each of them a key. Not a small key, a big one that had been printed out on cardstock paper. We put their picture on the key with their name on it. We put magnetic tape on the back so they could put it on their fridge. It was to remind them that they could be "the key", as Noah was to the saving of someone in their family.

Gotta get moving. Everyone is still in bed and I need to get them up and going with school, after I have my devotion. Hope everyone has a super day.

1 comments:

Vicki Smith said...

Cute idea for your "key" craft!
I'm LOVING this time of year! It's so BEAUTIFUL and the weather is so nice and I love getting the fireplace going--I LOVE it!
--It was really nice to see you Saturday. There's just never enough time to visit. :-(