CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, May 24, 2008

Up and at um

I cannot sleep in. I've told this before, but it still stands. I do not sleep in later than 7:30 anymore. I guess it means I'm officially old. When I was younger, people (like my grandparents) who got up really early were just "old people". Well, that's me now. Even without an alarm clock, I just wake up. Today, it was 6:30am. I really like it though. You can get so much more accomplished.

My fellas just left for golf. Steve and Chandler have had a birthday tradition since Cha was 8 years old. They always play golf on the day of Chandler's birthday. His actual birthday is Monday, the 26th but Sis. Kim planned a hiking band service for the young people on her band for Monday morning. She asked Steve to go and help out and take care of the devotion. Then, that afternoon, we are having a family cook out to celebrate Chandler turning 16. So, there was no time for golf on Monday, therefore, they went today. Rick also went and Tim, our brother in law.

This is the second day in a row that I haven't seen my little social butterfly. That would be Miss Morgan. She has been at Katie's since Thursday. I guess those girls are making up for lost time since the Mayberry's have been on vacation for 2 weeks. I guess I will have to kidnap my own child just to get her back. Ha! Morgan is a goer. If that is a word. She loves "fellowship".

I'm gonna hit Perry's soccer game this morning at 10:30. Because of my own kids having busy soccer schedules, I haven't been able to catch any others so I thought today I would try to make my rounds. Abby plays at 1:30. I should be able to see about half of her game cause Morgan plays at 2:00.

Tonight we have a band service at the Mayberry house. We've decided to let Little Ceasers do the catering. Can't beat those $5 pizzas. I've asked each one that will be there to be prepared to share one of their favorite scriptures and tell why. And of course, we will have a good season of prayer. Nothing better than that, huh? After that, we will play games. Yah!

Last night Steve and I sat and started putting all of our old home school books on ebay. Man, I knew I had a lot but shew, I mean, I have ALOT. I hope to get rid of them all. That would be great. We only got 2 sets put on before I started getting really tired. It wasn't that late, only about 10:00 but I guess when you get up with the chickens, you get tired at night quicker. ha! We have about 11 more sets to put on. Maybe this weekend?!

have a great Saturday

blessing - yesterday when I took Bradley to therapy, his physical therapist told me that he had the best transfer that he had ever had. A transfer is when he goes from his wheel chair to the mat. Thank the Lord! Yes, it may be slow, but better slow than not at all, right?

2 comments:

emily said...

That's an awesome blessing! Thank the Lord. I will see you today @ 2 ^^

Kasey said...

Tell Cha Happy Bday for me...