CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, May 4, 2008

Peaceful Sunday

Right after church this morning, we headed to Portland to visit with my grandparents. We pulled up and my Pa met us outside. We had lunch together and as we were sitting at the table, I realized how peaceful and quiet it was. I commented on it to them. Being out in the country like that was so nice. It was a beautiful day. We had such a good visit with them.

My Pa breeds and raises dogs so there is always new puppies to see. This is right up Morgan's alley. I think if I said "yes", she would come home with a new puppy every time we visit. She's gonna spend a couple of days up there this summer. She will love helping Pa take care of his animals. How cool is it that I grew up on that farm and now my daughter will spend time there. When we walked into the barn today to see the puppies, I told Chandler and Morgan that I had alot of memories playing in that barn. Really cool!

It meant alot to them for us to be there. We went to church with my granny tonight. Actually, it was a youth talent fund raiser. They had it outside with hot dogs and such. Morgan sang. Alot of the youth sang. It was nice being there.

I thanked my kids on the way home for coming with me today. Morgan is my social butterfly and is willing to go anywhere...anytime but Chandler is almost 16 and spending his entire Sunday with "old folks" (myself included..ha!) could have been alot for him to complain about. But not one time did he do that. He just went with the flow and did whatever we did. What great kids! It was a very, very nice Sunday.

blessing - a great Sunday with family!

0 comments: