CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, May 15, 2008

The day is not over but

I'll share thus far. Today is my 40th birthday. WooHoo!!!! YAY Me!!! So far, I'm having the BEST day.

Most of you know that I am big about nutrition and exercise. Basically, I'm a health nut. Well, today, I wanted to splurge. I wanted Momma's Pancake Breakfast from Cracker Barrel, and that's exactly what I got. I couldn't eat like that everyday but for today it was good stuff. I'll share pics down below. That's the first thing I wanted to do. The next thing I wanted was something that I've wanted to do for myself for a while and just have never done. I wanted a pedicure. I wanted to pamper my footsies. Well, I told Les at breakfast my plan and she said, "I want to go with you, wait until tomorrow". (she had to work today). So, tomorrow Les and I are going to get pedicures together. I've never had one and want one so... Happy Birthday to me.

I also wanted to get my hair cut today. I wanted sorta a new style so Morgan and I went to Walmart to look through some hair books and sure enough I found one. Morgan took a picture of it for me with her phone to take to Amy, the girl that does my hair. I love it, alot! Again, a pic will be below. After Amy did my hair, I went to my purse to get the money to pay her and she said "don't pay me...Happy Birthday". YAH!!!!! a great hair cut for FREE. Wasn't that sweet? I just love my birthday!!!

The day is not over. Tonight we are going to hear Andrea play with the Nashville Symphony. How cool is that? Those Yohe youngans are just so talented. Is that a super great way to end my 40th birthday or what?

I'm having such a awesome day. I thank the Lord that I'm 40. Really and truly, I'm not joking....I feel very blessed to have reached this point in my life and pray that this year I grow closer to the Lord than ever before.

Thank you guys who have called, texted, and blogged me a Happy Birthday. I really appreciate it and feel VERY loved.

Enjoy the pics

blessing - turning 40


Morgan and me acting goofy demonstrating the big 4-0



the style i'm shooting for is shorter in the back and longer on top. The top still has some growing to do.

breakfast at Cracker Barrel




Momma's pancake breakfast...yum yum!

Momma's pancake breakfast...the end

3 comments:

Vicki Smith said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Yesterday was Brother Werkheiser's 40th birthday. Did you know that? There was plenty of cakes and decorations around BTI. There were black streamers hanging down over his door, with a walker with balloons on it positioned in front the door and an "older than dirt" birthday cake.
As for birthdays, my 50th was the BEST!!! The BEST is yet to come. :-)

Tam said...

I did not know that his birthday was yesterday and 40 at that. If 50 is better than 40...look out! Today has been GREAT!

Erika J. said...

it is totally okay for you to eat pancakes more often than on your birthday. haha!

i'm glad you had a great 40th.