CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Started out good....ended up not so good.....

Well, I didn't get back to the painting. Lynn and I had decided, before I made plans to paint mom's house, that we would take the girls and go to Opry Mills today. We wanted to take advantage of at least one day of Spring break and do something "fun". Since I had already made plans with Lynn, I hated to back out on her for something else. Daddy totally understood.

We headed out, Lynn, the girls and myself to do a little shopping around 11:30. Our first stop was Old Navy. I got a few things and Morgan got a few things. We were in search of the Gap Outlet. LaDonna had told me about having their jeans on sale for Morgan. So, we wanted to check it out. Unfortunately, they didn't work out. She tried them on but it was a no. Too bad, you can't beat $11.99 for Gap jeans. Anyway, we did end up finding her some at Charlotte Russe. She's very hard to fit cause she's so stinkin skinny. Oh, I almost forgot, before we went to get her jeans we ate at Subway, the one in the mall for lunch. Ya gotta love Subway. After giving my approval of her jeans, she and Katie headed off to do their own thing.

Lynn and I headed for the "mom's store"...Kirklands. I just love that store. I could spend a fortune in there, if I had a fortune to spend. After checking things out but not purchasing anything we then went to Off Broadway. I was in search of a new pair of black sandals for the summer. I knew exactly what I had in mind. A little dressy to wear to church but definitely comfy. I wanted Clarks. Les turned me on to Clarks several years ago when we were on vacation together. I almost couldn't spend $50.00 on a pair of shoes but she convinced me if I ever would just bite the bullet, I would never regret it. She was exactly right. They are worth every penny and they last forever. She just recently bought herself a really cute pair for the same reason that I wanted them. A little dressier for church. After looking at a few different ones, my eye fell on the exact same ones Les had gotten. I knew she wouldn't care if I got the same ones but just to be sure, I text her and ask. And, of course, she didn't care at all. We really have the same taste in clothes and already have several things a like anyway. When we shop together, we usually end up getting the same exact stuff. So, this summer, we will be sporting the same black Clark sandals.

We headed to the guys soccer game from shopping, after making a quick trip to Sonic.

The game was very good, although they lost 3 to 2. It was very exciting. Our guys, Chandler, Brandon and Justin all played very well.

After the game, and after the kids talk and talk and talk with their friends, we finally head home. We are about half way home when Morgan says to me "Mom, do you have my sunglasses?" She had purchased a new pair of shades today while we were shopping and they looked very cute on her. But, "no, I don't have them Morgan". "Oh no, I left them at the soccer field along with my DIGITAL CAMERA, and a soccer chair. Now, the chair and even the glasses....no big deal, right? BUT the camera....A VERY BIG DEAL. It was her Christmas present and she barely goes anywhere without it. So, I turned around (not too happy, I might add....not that she forgot her stuff, that was an accident and I could have done the same thing) but, because I was ready to be home and did not want to go all the way back. It's about a 45 minute or an hour drive one way. But, I did. We pulled up, I shined the bright lights on the area where she had left them and......GONE. Nothing was there. Not the chair, not the new sunglasses and not the camera. We were sick. As you can imagine, Morgan was double sick, so sick in fact, that she cried. I don't blame her. She was crushed.

So, unless someone picked it up for us, which I doubt because we were one of the last two families from the soccer team to leave. Someone out there has Morgan's camera. If someone did steal it, God help them. Unfortunatley, there are people in this world that would view finding that camera as "lucky me". I even drove around the park hoping there would be some place that someone could have turned it in, but no such luck.

Oh well, things happen that you just can't do anything about. I was thinking on the way home after trying to find Morgan's stuff about a song that I really like. Some of the words say.....God is great, but sometimes life ain't good. When I pray, it doesn't always turn out like I think it should, but I do it anyway.

I said a prayer as we were heading back to hopefully find her stuff. It could have been there, sure, but it wasn't. God doesn't have to do things the way we want them every time. He's God and He's good ALL the time. Thing's just happen.


Good night friends....

***blessing - spending time with friends today.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

i know the heartache- praying for some good to come out of this