CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Painting

This morning as I sat down to have my morning devotion, I had a question for my dad. I called him, asked him the question, he answered it and we just started talking. He's in the process of remodeling their house. He's re-doing both of their bathrooms and momma is ready to change her living room. He asked me..."what are you gonna do today?" I didn't really have a whole lot on my plate so he asked if I wanted to come help him paint. The living room, dining room and hallway all need to be painted. I said, "sure". So, after I went and ran 3 miles, I headed over to my mom & dad's house.

I guess I really didn't realize how much trim is in those 3 areas until I started putting that blue painters tape down to protect the trim from getting paint on it. Man, that alone took me about 1 1/2 hours. After that, I had to sand down some areas that dad had put dry wall on. Then I started cutting out the trim. That's a job. Again, I didn't realize how big of a space that was until my hands literally started hurting to the point I could barely move them from holding that trim brush and brushing, brushing, brushing...are yall getting the point?

At one point daddy needed to take some trash to the dump. He was in the front yard and I thought to myself.....a diet strawberry limeade from Sonic sounds really good. So, I opened the front door....HUGE mistake. If Lady (mom & dad's dog) sees an opportunity to get out the front door......she's gone. I'm serious, she shoots out like a rocket. The fastest thing you have ever seen on 4 legs and doesn't even look back. She totally forgets her name when she sees the wide open space. The only way, and I'm serious, the ONLY way to get her is to get in the car and go after her.

My dad went ahead and went to the dump. I continued to paint. Lady continued to run through the neighborhood like she owned it. About 20 minutes later daddy walks in the door with 2 Sonic cups. His strawberry shake and my diet cherry limeade. What? Not cherry, strawberry. Oh man, he got the wrong kind. And I must say, cherry is not my favorite at all. I don't even like cherries. But, what's one to do. So, I drank it anyway. It was O.K., just not my strawberry limeade.

Daddy gets in the truck and goes after Lady. Sure enough, a few minutes later, in come daddy and Lady. I tell you, that dog was smiling (just kidding)! HA!

I stopped with the painting around 5:00 casue I had to get home, get showered, eat something and head to church.

I stopped on the way home and picked up a Little Ceasers pizza. They have hot, ready to pick up pepperoni or cheese pizza's for $5.00, any day. That's what I call a deal.

I hope to get to go back in the morning and help finish up with the painting. It's gonna look really good. We are painting it hot chocolate brown. VERY nice, warm and cozy.

Until next time.....

***blessing - being able to help with my mom's house.

0 comments: