CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Clean up, clean up......

everybody, everywhere.........remember that song? It's usually a song kids sing or we get them to sing it as they pick up their toys and stuff. I think I remember it from back in the day when my kiddos were little and they learned it off Barney (the big purple dino)....anyway.....

I got a call this morning from a friend from way back when. She had never been to my house before and was to arrive to bring me something between 10 and 10:30. It was probably around 9:30 when she called. Now, you know girls, most of us anyway, want our homes to be in the best shape possible when we are having company, especially if they have never been to our home before. So, as soon as I hung up with her I tore into this house like a bandit. "Chandler, please take your stuff up to your room"...."Morgan, will you please wipe down the bathrooms with the clorox wipes?" I began picking up, wiping up, vaccuming up everything I had the time to get too. I grab the windex and got the fingerprints off the glass end tables and the spots from the bathroom mirror. In the midst of this frantic, hurry up, as fast as I can cleaning marathon.... a thought came to me. A spiritual thought.....

How is my house? My spiritual house? My vessel? "ME" ....... If the Lord were to call me home today or come back to earth today....how would my home (spiritually) look to Him? Is there any last minute cleaning that needs to be done? Is it exactly the way it needs to be in order for Him to be pleased with what He sees? Are there any spots that need to be wiped away?

In the midst of my cleaning frinzzy....I asked Chandler to clean his room. He asked, "is she going to go upstairs?" I said..."I don't know" He said, "well, I'll just close my door" hmmmmm.....what a thought....spiritually that is.....

We can't just close the door so that the junk is not seen. Actually, we can do that so that others don't see but the Lord can see even behind the closed door. We can't just sweep it under the bed or put it in the closet. HE IS under the bed and in the closet.

I just thought this was a great analogy. The Bible says that Jesus will come as a thief in the night. No one is ever expecting "when" the thief may come.

How CLEAN is our house? When the Lord calls, there will be no time to do last minute touch ups. He is giving us the time right now!! Let's make sure that every second of every day, every area of our home, our spiritual home is spotless.

Praise the Lord....He has made a way....through His Precious Blood that we can be clean and ready at all times.

Have a great day!

7 comments:

bj said...

Awsome!

Kasey said...

Amen, Lord help me to be SPOTLESS.

Rachel said...

Good thoughts! This post automatically made me think of this Shaun Groves song, "Welcome Home". One of my favorites!

Here's a video of it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRMyAPW0bDg

Take, me, make me
All You want me to be
That's all I'm asking, all I'm asking

Welcome to this heart of mine
I've buried under prideful vines
Grown to hide the mess I've made
Inside of me
Come decorate, Lord
Open up the creaking door
And walk upon the dusty floor
Scrape away the guilty stains
Until no sin or shame remain
Spread Your love upon the walls
And occupy the empty halls
Until the man I am has faded
No more doors are barricaded

Chorus:
Come inside this heart of mine
It's not my own
Make it home
Come and take this heart and make it
All Your own
Welcome home

Take a seat, pull up a chair
Forgive me for the disrepair
And the souvenirs from floor to ceiling
Gathered on my search for meaning
Every closet's filled with clutter
Messes yet to be discovered
I'm overwhelmed, I understand
I can't make this place all that You can

repeat chorus

I took the space that You placed in me
Redecorated in shades of greed
And I made sure every door stayed locked
Every window blocked, and still You knocked

Kasey said...

excuse me, but did u see whose picture is in my LIVING ROOM on my very able to see by everyone book case????

Autumn said...

That is an AMAZING anagoly!!! and VERY VERY true!!!

bj said...

lol u guys made me think of this devotion that we had at IYC about Jesus coming to live in our heart/house and the lady had a closet that was locked and she stood in the door way so Jesus could go in there and he looked at her and she gave him the key and he helped her clean it. awsome devotion.

emily said...

I like that ^^