CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, February 28, 2008

Spur of the moment

I just got back from the Y. I ran 3 miles.

Chandler and I had a good day in Algebra today. Lately it's been kinda hit or miss. What I mean by that is, although we would do it each day (except for Fri... I wasn't feeling well), we would run out of time or some distraction would come up. I told him yesterday that today we really needed to have a good full day of math. And, that's just what we did. Except for this one stinkin concept that we just can't seem to get. We will, eventually.

O.K. so yall know I've been doin the Kroger deal thing for a couple of months now, right? Well, Lynn told me that for every $100.00 that you spend, you get 10cents off the gallon when you buy your gas at Kroger. I needed gas today so I pull up to the pump with my Kroger Plus card in hand and my debit card ready for my discounted gas. I COULD NOT for the life of me figure out where to slide your kroger plus card. Lynn said, "all you have to do is slide your Kroger Plus card first"....O.K. WHERE? I'm looking and looking and I'm sure by now talking out loud to myself, which started out a simple..."where?" then progressed to "where is the thing?" and finally I'm sure was an all out "Where in the world is the thing?" So, I called Lynn and asked her..."Where is the thing that you slide your card through?" To the best of her memory she said "I think it's somewhere on the right" NOPE, not that I could see. OH GOOD GRIEF!! She told me to go ask the attendant person. So, just at that moment, this lady drove up beside me and I said to her "Mam, are you gonna use your Kroger Plus card?" "Yes", she said. "Could you please show me where I'm suppose to slide mine?" "Sure".....and she points to this thing that is not a slide thing at all. You simply hold your card under it and your good to go. WELL I NEVER......but I did get my 10cents of the gallon. Instead of 3.09...I paid 2.99. What I won't do for a deal these days. LOL!

Anyway, back to my title "Spur of the moment"

My mom called today and said, "whatcha gonna do Saturday?" I told her my plan was to paint Morgan's room. She said "let's have a girls day (girls meaning...myself, momma, Deb and Les). Let's go shopping and do lunch and such. Well, if plans change, about Morgans room, then O.K.

A little while later my phone rings, actually it beeps. I'm on another call so I call back, it's Deb (Deb is my sister in law, Tommy's wife). She says to me "I hear you need to get some painting done" (my mom had called her and twisted her arm to come help me paint so we could have our "girls day, Saturday") Well, I'm sure she didn't twist Deb's arm, really....she just put the bug in her ear. So, my sweet little sister in law says "I'll come over tonight and help you and we can knock it out". I'm certainly not gonna refuse the help, I'm not that stupid. HA! So, instead of painting on Saturday, by myself, Deb and I will do it tonight (hince...Spur of the moment).

I need to go shower and call to let her know I'm home and off we go painting.

Blessing - My sister in law, Debbie. Not just because she's coming to help me paint, but because she is really good to my brother and she's a great mom. Love ya, Deb.

1 comments:

LaDonna said...

Hey, I need you to e-mail me some info on the whole coupon/Kroger/save some money on my grocery bill stuff. I spent about $200-$250 every week, and if I could find a way to spend less, that would be great.

I just love Deb. Tell her I said Hi. You need to post a pic of Morgan's room when you get it done.