CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, February 14, 2008

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY

To Steve.....the love of my life for the past 24 years now. Six years of dating and 18 years of marriage. WOW! What a blessing you have been and continue to be. You're amazing! I told you just this week..."I wish I could be more like you". And I really mean that. Steve, you are a very wise man. You are an example of James 1:19 - Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath. You are one of the most selfless people that I know. Many, many times you have put my wants and the wants of our kids ahead of your own needs. You always thinks of others first. You find the good in everyone. You WILL NOT "gossip" in any way. You are not a fault finder of any sorts. How did I end up with such a man? One answer....my parents prayed and God answered. You have provided a life for me (and I don't mean with materials things only) that I am so grateful for. You are a Godly father and the best husband any one could possibly imagine. You love the Lord first and love me with such a love it cannot be described in words. Our children adore you. What a blessing that is. I give God the Glory and Honor and Praise for what we have. It's priceless and unique. I want to be a better wife. I don't feel I come close to being what I see you, Steve to be. I love you babe, with all my heart.

To Chandler.... my first born. I love you and I'm proud of you! I loved you first...not more...just first. I didn't realize how much love you could have in your heart until I saw you for the first time. I see great Faith in you. The way you have responded to Brad's accident and other tragedies has shown me how rock solid you are in your faith. That encourages me so much......that Faith in the Lord will do wonders in your life. I 'm so proud of how "protective" you are of your little sister and how you love her. It warms my heart that you guys are close. I 'm thankful for the relationship you have with dad. It's obvious you admire him. I want you to "succeed" in life by doing whatever it is that your heart desires AS LONG as the Lord is first in your life....I'm happy. As long as you are truly seeking His Will....I'm happy. You have lots friends and the Bible says in Proverbs 18:24 - A man that hath friends must shew himself friendly: You are friendly and kind to others and I'm proud of that. I love you Cha!!

To Morgan.....my peanut butter and jelly. You are special! I see such a deepness in you in your relationship with the Lord that is unique to a 13 year old. Matthew 5:8 says Blessed are the pure in heart.....this is you, Morgan....PURE! I see your choices and decisions and it is clear you want to please the Lord. What more could a mother ask for? I desire for you the same that I desire for your brother, that you "succeed" in life as long as Jesus remains #1 in it all. Don't ever take your eyes off of HIM and you will do well. You make us laugh. You keep things fun around here.....BAM!!!!! I love you more than words and I truly enjoy being with you.

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY TO MY FAMILY........THANK YOU JESUS FOR THESE BLESSINGS IN MY LIFE....MAY I NEVER TAKE THEM FOR GRANTED!!!!

2 comments:

Morgan said...

Aw, Thanks Mom.

You are the BEST mom ever. I am so blessed to have such a wonderful family. I love you momma, soooooooooooooooo much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vicki Smith said...

A belated Happy Valentine's Day to YOU, Sister Tammy. Your post was such a blessing. I love your candor and sincerity. Your openness and ability to just share your heart is a rare quality, but one I truly appreciate and admire. Continue being "real." Just be who you are. It's obvious you love the Lord first and your family is a close second. Keep your eyes fixed on Jesus and allow Him to love and work through you. God bless you!