CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, February 4, 2008

8 LLLLLOOOOONNNNNGGGGG Hours

Yesterday, I spent my entire day at the E.R. with my Nanny except for about an hour to go eat some lunch. It all started like this. I got a call from Les yesterday morning asking if I could please teach Sunday School. Momma and me take turns each quarter teaching Morgan's age class and it is Momma's quarter to teach. (I got the call from Les cause she is the Sunday School Super at Antioch) anyway, daddy had gotten an emergency phone call to come to Vanderbilt Hospital and momma was going with him. So, I began preparing the best that I could for teaching Sunday School. I was getting ready for church and my phone rang. It was my mom saying that she was having to take my Nanny (her momma) to the E.R. with severe pains in her lower abdomen area. I told momma I would go with her. So, I then called Lynn and asked her to please teach the Sunday School class. She said yes... thank the Lord for people you can call at the spur of the moment and you know if at all possible they will say yes and she of course, said "yes".

Momma picks up Nanny then comes and picks me up and we head to the E.R. It is 10:30 am at this time. We sign in and wait and wait and wait in the waiting room for at least and hour or maybe more. Finally they call us back and we wait and wait and wait and wait and wait and wait and wait (are yall getting that we are having to wait?) About 1:00 or so Rick and Les show up and we wait and wait and wait some more. Later, Steve showed up and we wait and wait and wait some more. It was so funny cause my Nanny at one point said, "I'm gonna be well by the time they get to me" LOL. Several times through out the day we got hystarical (sp?) laughter. I'm talking from the gut laughter. I Love that kind of laughter!!! Anyway, my Nanny was starving. She had only eaten a bowl of oatmeal for breakfast and it was late in the afternoon. She wanted us to ask if they served dinner while you wait. (she knew that they didn't for real, but it was really funny).

The E.R. was extra busy yesterday. They had stroke and heart attacks patients so we had to wait since Nanny wasn't life threatening. ( Thank the Lord)!

Finally they drew her blood and ran some test to check things out. They were so amazed that at age 85 she is in such good health. They could not believe that she wasn't on any kind of medication for her blood pressure or heart or something. They said that her kidney's look like a 15 year olds, and that all her labs look perfect! We have a joke in our family that my Nanny is going to out live us all. She is not just in good health but she goes and goes and goes like the energizer bunny. We were talking about that yesterday and my Nanny said..."prayer honey....prayer changes everything".

Come to find out...the problem was with her bladder. Nothing serious at all. Have you ever heard of someone's bladder dropping? Well, that's all that it was. She needs to get it tacked back up (don't mean to be graphic but that's exactly what it was). By the end of the day or the end of our day at the E.R. which, we left there about 6:30, I think. We were thrilled to find out that maybe my Nanny is gonna out live us all. God has really blessed her abundantly with good health.

I love my family so much. They really are great! We are a close family...very close and I praise the Lord for that. Me, Momma & Nanny were talking in all of our waiting yesterday that there is so much dysfunction in families these days (now, don't get me wrong....I am not saying we are the perfect family at all) but, we are very blessed to have what we have. I love them and trust them. I really, really do!!!!!

3 comments:

Erika J. said...

i'm glad to hear she's okay.

Sara said...

I'm glad she's okay. Oh and yes you are very special to be considered one of my friends...hahaha ;).

Amanda Bull said...

Being in the ER all day is not fun, but I'm glad everything turned out OK.