CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, September 1, 2008

The best....the VERY best

This is how I describe Family Camp. I had so much fun and came home SO encouraged. God gave us exactly what we needed. His Spirit was wonderfully present! If I tried to tell every detail this would be a very long post. I'll just hit some highlights, I guess. Friday night the Spirit of the Lord swept through in a mighty way. Sister Connie didn't even get to preach. The Lord truly encouraged us. My husband was really blessed and encouraged by the Lord over our job situation. And, because he was so encouraged, so was I. This morning in my devotion, I prayed about it (job) because the Bible says, we have not because we ask not. Up until this family camp my prayer has been almost a plea or begging the Lord to send our job but this morning it was different. I know it 's coming. So, I simply ask the Lord, I didn't beg this time. I praise the Lord for the job he has coming.

I loved seeing all the young people seeking the Lord in the family camp. It was awesome! Gracee White received the baptism of the Holy Ghost.

Saturday night was just as awesome. D.J. Letcher joined the church. The Lord did a mighty work in Gene Mayberry. He joined the church 2 Wednesday night's ago at Antioch. Lynn testified how that for the past 5 years, every Sunday morning until after church she has fasted for her husband to completely surrender to the Lord and join the church. God is faithful and has done just this!

Fun time on Saturday night was just that...FUN! Except for the fact that I got scared half to death. I was chosen along with my mother and Mitzi and Autumn Thompson to go outside. We were brought back in one at a time to play the ball game. I was first. Everyone else, pretty much the entire camp was in a circle with a long table down the middle. I was told there was different kinds of balls under the cloth. I was to take the cloth of each one and tell what kind of ball it was. I was being timed so I had to go quickly. So here I go, as fast as I could. The first one...tennis ball......the second one.....football....the third one....basketball.....the fourth one...Jeff Yohe's balled head. I SO was not expecting this that I screamed as if I had been shot. Honestly, it was awful but fun at the same time. Everyone laughed so hard because they knew what was going to happen. Next, Mitzi did it with the same reaction. Then Autumn. She actually grabbed Jeff's head before she realized what was going on then she ran out of fear halfway to the back of the room. It was so funny. Last was my mom....oh my word! I was afraid she might have an accident because of being so scared. When she got to Jeff's head, she did a little dance when she got scared. We had a blast doing this. It was so much fun!!!!!!!

Sunday morning, Sis Connie actually got to preach. And of course, it was so great, so great.

I'm so excited about what I'm feeling in the church. The Spirit of love, unity and peace is prevailing in such an awesome way. I'm just so excited about what's happening. Even with all the changes, I know God is in control of His church and I'm just so honored and humbled to be apart of her. I want to be faithful to the very end. I love The Church of God with ALL my heart!!!!!!

After service, my family went to eat together. The four of us, my parents and my brother and his family. It was very nice being together this weekend. This was our last official time to be together at a Tennessee function so it was very special.

I guess I should get off here and continue with laundry and cleaning. My family is coming later this afternoon. Today is my husband's birthday. Steve is 42 today. I love my husband. I couldn't ask for a better one. He's the BEST husband and father and I truly thank God for choosing Steve for me.

2 comments:

Vicki Smith said...

I so wish I could have been there to see you guys play the "Ball" game. I've seen it done a few times before so I have this mental image in my head and can almost see you guys reacting. It would have been so much more fun to actually witness it, though. You did a great job of describing the reactions so I could visualize them. :-D Too bad the game was played AFTER our curfew time at the campground.
I'm so glad I got to be a part of the first TN Family Retreat. I thought it was great. I'm sure the teens, especially, missed having Youth Camp but I hope the Family Camp/Retreat idea will catch on. When we first made the switch to Family Camp out in Colorado we had a Teen Winter Retreat for a couple of years so the teens felt like they had their own space. But it didn't take long before they realized they really enjoyed having ALL ages present.
Happy Labor Day!

Autumn said...

ah sister Smith you Missed some crazy reactions to jeff's head!!! haha!!! Tam I wish so bad I could have seen you and mom do it. I can just see you guys! lol I didn't know what to think grabbing that big ole head! haha! camp was great! The Lord TRUELY blessed me and I too went away VERY VERY encouraged!! I am SOOOO excited to see what the Lord has in store for His Church this up coming year!!! I love you! happy birthday dad #2!!!
ps. tam get a pic of my room on here :)