CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, September 8, 2008

Time for a change

Remember me posting about the yucky geometry that Chandler has been doing? Well, for the last 2 years we used the curriculum Saxon for Algebra I and Algebra II. We just assumed that we would continue with Saxon next. Saxon doesn't have just a Geometry curriculum only. It goes from Algebra II to Advanced Math. This is super hard and has alot of Geometry in it so therefore, Cha would get his Geometry credit from doing the Advanced Math. (following me?!)

The Advanced Math is VERY Advanced and has been giving us fits so far this year. He doesn't need Advanced Math, just the Geometry, so I sat tonight and looked at a different curriculum. Another home school mom that I was talking to a couple of weeks ago suggested Teaching Textbooks. I checked it out tonight online and feel like it's gonna serve our purpose much better than the Advanced Math.

Steve agreed that we should swap from Saxon Advanced Math to the Teaching Textbooks Geometry, so I ordered it and should receive it this week. When Chandler finishes this, he will have all his Math credits for graduation. Steve doesn't really want him not doing any Math next year, his Senior year, so we will probably work on the ACT prep.

This curriculum is cool in that you put a CD in and it teaches not only the lesson of the day but it also works out every single problem (if you get stumped or need extra help). I think we will love that. I wish I had gotten this before I spent the money on the Advanced Math but hopefully I can re-sale it. It's brand new. We've only gotten to lesson 5. Shew....only lesson 5 and soooooo hard already.

***next***

My mom called tonight to fill me in on their Georgia trip this past weekend. God has already begun to work and they are excited to see what all He has in store for this area. Good stuff!!

I need to do some online banking before I call it a night and I need to put the clean sheets on our bed.

cya!

0 comments: