CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

What to do ....any suggestions?

When I was growing up, my mom always made it a priority for us to eat at the dinner table as a family. No T.V., no distractions...just our family having a meal together at the table. Because I was raised this way, it is also important to me. BUT, with our crazy schedules, it's almost impossible to happen.

Morgan has soccer practice on Tuesday and Thursday's and doesn't get home until about 7:30. I hate eating late. Ideally, I like to have dinner around 6:00. But, 9 times out of 10 we are not all here at the same time. So, I end up making dinner and we each eat when we can. I hate it. Chandler even sometimes ends up eating in his room. Maybe it's not a big deal to some, but to me it is. I know my kids are getting older and have their own schedules but I would love to find a way to make this happen as regularly as possible. When some of us are not here though, what do ya do?

This summer has been the worst. I bet we have not sat at the dining room table together a hand full of times.

Any suggestions?

2 comments:

Kasey said...

Why don't you make family nights a weekly routine. One to two nights each week where no matter what at 8pm (late, but workable...right?!) that you sit down and eat dinner.

Tam said...

Thanks, Kasey. I love this idea. I might have to try it.