CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, September 15, 2008

Monday again

What a super weekend it was. Saturday was nice and Sunday was great as well.

My children's church lesson on "FALL" in love with Jesus turned out pretty good, I thought. I talked about how in the season of Fall, the leaves will change colors, fall to the ground and then die. I related this to us spiritually. Morgan helped me. She was my visual. I had her be a tree and we had leaves taped all over her body with words such as disobedience, unkind words, lying, selfishness, and cheating. I read scriptures regarding each of these and had each child come up and pull a leaf off of her and drop it to the ground so that it could die. I told them that the more we Fall in Love with Jesus, the more we want those things that are not pleasing to Him to fall away from us a die. I feel like they "got it" in how they were responding.

Then on to our craft. I had purchased door hangers from Hobby Lobby. I cut out leaves and wrote "Fall in love with Jesus" on them. We glued the leaves onto the door hangers and decoreted them. I told them to hang this on a closet (prayer closet, if they had one) to remind them that every time they see it to pray. I told them the more we pray, the more we Fall in love with Jesus and the more those leaves or things that do not belong on us will fall away and die.

Sunday afternoon was spent at home while watching the Titans play. Well, my guys watched the Titans. I just did my regular old stuff. Sunday night was a very good service. Bro. Sutton preached an awesome message on Sanctification. Reminded me of just how thankful I am to be Sanctified. After service, the youth had a quick meeting about the VLB service coming up this Wednesday. Also, those that will be working in Children's church this coming up year had a quick meeting.

During service, I got a huge craving for Momma's Pancake Breakfast from Cracker Barrel. After church, I told Les and she said..."let's go". So after our meetings, we went straight to Cracker Barrel and I got my craving satisfied. Those pancakes were yummy!!

Now, it's Monday morning. It's close to 8 and I need to have my morning devotion and get the kids up to start school. We got that new math for Chandler and will be starting it today. I looked over it the other day and it seems to be easier than that stinkin Advanced Math. I'll let ya know.

Tonight I get to see Olivia. She is Ricky and Megan Taylor's new baby girl. I'm bringing dinner over to them tonight so I will get to see this bundle of joy. It 's so weird to think of "little Ricky" being a daddy. Man, I'm getting old.

Hope everyone has a great day...remember ...it's a choice!!!!!!

2 comments:

Vicki Smith said...

Love your "fall" class ideas. Creative! I'm impressed.

Tam said...

thank you!