CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Prayer

Autumn goes today to get the injection in her left vocal chord in hopes it will "jump start" things again. They told her that if it's going to work, it should work immediately. Please pray that she gets her voice back. This is very frustrating for her. But, the Lord can surely take care of it.

I cut my finger yesterday while making supper. I was chopping chicken in my pampered chef food chopper. A piece of the chicken got caught so I reached in to try and get it out and sliced my thumb on one of the blades. OUCH!!! Such a small cut, but such a big hurt. It's right where if I put a band-aid on it, the band-aid gets in the way of everything. But, if I don't keep one on it, it continues to pull apart and bleed everywhere. Before I went to bed last night, I put some Neosporin on it and wrapped it up. This morning, I took the band-aid off. I don't think it will bleed anymore, I hope. I think it's kinda closed up. You don't realize how much you use your thumbs until you hurt one of them. Why I told all of that, I have no idea?!!! ha! I guess for sake of something to post. ha!

We still have not gotten Chandler's new math curriculum. I checked the tracking on it this morning and it's suppose to get here tomorrow. So, should I start it with him tomorrow or just wait until Monday?

My mom and dad needed a new reliable vehicle for all the traveling they will be doing now. My dad went to the auction with my brother yesterday and they found something. It's nice but kinda looks like an "old people" car. lol!! Well, that's what some in my family say. My parents wanted Steve and I to see it so we did and when they asked if it looked to old for them, I said...."yall are old" hahahaha!!!! Seriously, they did get a good deal. It's nice.

Please continue to pray about our job situation. It's been such a roller coaster ride. We get a call, we don't get a call. They want to interview him, then we don't hear back. Shew.....our only stability in this is ...THE LORD IS IN CONTROL!!!!.

Steve is working at an electrical warehouse supply company to supplement our income while in the process of looking for his career job. He knows someone who manages this warehouse and they told Steve he could work at his own leisure. How ever many hours he wanted to work, he could. If he needed off for an interview, it would be no problem. We are thankful for this. It is helpful. But, we really are ready for whatever the Lord has in store. God knows and sees us!!!! That is our comfort!!!!! And, I praise Him for what He is doing and for the job that He does have and will be sending soon!

Have a super great day....I plan too!

2 comments:

Viv said...

Tam...there was a problem with the car so we are not going to keep it. It's going back to the auction. And it's NOT because some in the family think it's an "old man" car (Ha Ha!) That really didn't bother us...we were happy about the good deal we got on it cost wise. But, now we start all over. We need something good on gas with low miles..help us pray! - Mom

Vicki Smith said...

Old people's car? I have no idea what that is, so apparently that's what we drive. If so, it's definition would be, "solid, comfortable, heavy and reasonable gas mileage." Brother Smith insists on leather seats and I demand power everything and adjustable lumbar and reclining seats. We sometimes have to spend a LOT of time on the road and I want to be comfortable. As for what other people think? My only other criteria is we do NOT buy Cadillacs or other "rich people's" cars even when it's a great deal just because there's always those folks who take one look and say, "Uh huh . . . look what THEY drive!" Now they take one look and say, "*snicker* Look what they DRIVE!" LOL