CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

A good day

Up and at um this morning around 8ish, I think. Morning devotion, workout... 35 minutes on the elliptical machine. Back to the house to try and pry two teenagers out of bed.

Chandler's school day wasn't long since we are not doing math until the new curriculum gets here. Math is what is time consuming for us. The boy only does the bare minimum anyway in each day. School is not his thing. I've tried for 11 years to get him to be the student that "I" want him to be but I've learned it's just not worth all the stress. He does get his work done (on his time) and does well, I must say. So, I guess that's all I can ask for. He loves the Lord and has a very good head on his shoulders. He's a good kid!

It's so funny how different my two children are. Morgan on the other hand will sit and do extra work. She doesn't want me to tell her the answer because she says...."Momma, if you tell me, then how am I gonna learn?". Today, as a matter of fact, she sat and did her entire Grammar for the entire week, just because she could.

Oh well, if they were both the same, I guess it would be rather boring, huh?

I have to remind myself when I do get really frustrated at Chandler for procrastinating that school was not my thing either. My senior year I took 3 music classes. Why? Because it was easy. So, God has given me a child to remind me of me in school. You know how you always want better for your child though, right?

I'm confident through prayer that both my children will be exactly what God wants them to be not what I think they should be. I don't know their future but the Lord does. Maybe God is gonna call Chandler to something where he will not need tons and tons of education...who knows?!

*******************************

I rearranged the furniture in my living room today. I like doing that ever so often. I really want to decorate my front porch for fall this year. I'm ready to do it now, but I don't want to have it out too early. I'm thinking the end of this month or the first of October.

We need to have family devotion so I can call it a night.

good nite!

3 comments:

Vicki Smith said...

My philosophy on education evolved considerably from the time they entered kindergarten until they were teenagers. Homeschooling was pretty much unheard of when my kids were little. After the Lord convicted me about homeschooling, I had a lot of things to work through in my head and Brother Smith and I did a lot of praying and asking God for guidance. What we finally settled on was, if our kids never learned another thing academically, we wanted them to be proficient SPIRITUALLY. When it comes time for God's judgment it won't matter what our secular education was or how well we scored. Keep the ETERNAL in view--that's all that really matters. God will take care of the rest.

Morgan said...

i love you mommy

Jennifer said...

My senior year in high school was a cake walk, too :)