CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, September 27, 2008

I think it's broke.....

Well, not really BUT it sure feels close to broken. I'm speaking of my pinky toe on my right foot.

Let me back up.....

I've been around the world and back today. Next Sunday starts the new quarter in Children's Church. Those of us that will be working in Children's Church are responsble for decorating a "center". Let me explain. If you've ever been in a kindergarten class room, there are different centers. There is the "art center", the music center", the "computer center" and so on. Well, we are breaking down the fellowship hall into centers or areas. We will be having the "music center", the "craft center", the "snack center" and the "worship center". Anyway, I said all that to say, that my family is responsible for decorting the "music center". So, I have been ALL OVER Smyrna and Murfreesboro trying to get my supplies together. I'm not sure if I should tell how I'm decorating just yet until it is finished. Just know, it's gonna be WAY cool! Sis Kim and her family are doing the Worship area and her's is WAY cool also. I don't know what the other areas are gonna look like, I haven't heard them say. But after it is all done, I'll take pics and post them.

The places that I went today.....the Dollar Tree, Dollar General, K-mart, Big Lots, Wal-mart, Party City and finally Target. This is where the broken toe comes into play. I was simply walking to the door and I guess I did not see the curb. BAM!........OH MY TOE!!!!!!! I'm not kidding you. I wanted to cry, scream, fall to the ground....all at the same time. (ha)! I probably should mention that I had on flip-flops. This was at least and hour and a half ago and it still kills me. It looks swollen and red. How do you know if it's broken, for real? If it were, could you move it at all? I've never had a broken anything.

4 comments:

Amanda Bull said...

If your toe is broken you will probably still be able to move it. It will be red, swollen, and most likely bruised for a while. Look at the underside of your toe - they usually bruise under there when they are broken. There is not anything you can do except ice it and, if it really bothers you, you can tape it to the toe next to it for support. Ibuprofen, and RICE - Rest, Ice, Compression (the tape thing), and Elevation. I have broken my toes more often than you can imagine. Hope you feel better.

Tam said...

You described my foot exactly! It is brusied on the underside. It hurts so bad. Is it O.K. to wear a shoe?

Karen said...

I have broken all my toes. They hurt so badly when they break, you can almost feel it in your throat. Hope you fee better.

You CAN wear a shoe, just depends on how bad it hurts.

LaDonna said...

How is your toe?