CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, July 7, 2008

Testimony time

Last night's service was awesome.

Let me start by saying that although Steve does not "worry" about our job situation, there are those days, VERY few days, when he gets a little quiet on me. Those are the days when I know it's weighing heavy on his mind. Well, yesterday was one of those days. As he testified in church last night..."I'm not concerned, I'm just NOT in control". **not always easy***???!!!

I knew that it was on his mind yesterday because he was extra, extra, extra quiet. If you know my husband, you know he is a quiet person anyway but I think he may have said 5 words most all day. I knew exactly what it meant. Anyway, by the time we were headed back to church, I was praying for God to "refresh" him or "encourage" him in the service last night.

Church began and right before daddy was gonna start his message my mom stood and said she had to be obedient to the Lord. She wanted special prayer. She wasn't feeling well at all and knew God could touch her. Well, from there, things just snowballed. One after another, after another, began to get prayed for. Steve and I stood in for our job situation and others stood in for different things. Sis Beverly then said that the Lord had given her specific instructions for us to march around the church, the men first, the women next and then the children 7 times in complete silence and then "shout"! (sound familiar). Well, of course, that's exactly what we did. You could feel the presence of the Lord as soon as we began. Many were weeping under the spirit of the Lord. As we began, Bro. Galen went and grabbed the church flag and handed it to daddy, who was leading the march. After the 7th time, we began to shout praises to the Lord!!!! Momma spoke up and encouraged us to each walk under the flag and as we did this many/all were blessed by the Lord. I saw our young people being blessed and worshiping the Lord. It was a beautiful sight to behold. It was just the "shot in the arm" as Sis. Connie Wilson says, that we all needed. IT WAS AWESOME!!!!!

Needless to say, the Lord answered my prayer for my husband and he left church much more encouraged than when he got there. I praise the Lord that He knows just what we need...when we need it.

Another cool thing that happened....Crystal had fractured her finger on the youth camping trip. After service, she said she knew that the Lord had touched her finger but when she got home and took off the brace thingy, her finger was completely healed. Praise the Lord!

4 comments:

Katie said...

Our God is an Awesome God!
Last nights service encouraged me so much. I've had doubts about so many things in my life and my family's life. But He encouraged me and reassured me that everything is going to be alright, and everything is going to work out in the end. He also reassured me of the Holy Ghost, i got to where i had doubted about having the Holy Ghost, and i've prayed several times to get reassurance about it. Well last night, He answered my prayers and reassured me of the Holy Ghost. Thank the Lord.

What a Mighty God we Serve!!

Autumn said...

I needed last night more than ANYTHING!!!! The Lord always knows our needs and is SOOO faithful in fulfilling them!! Thank you Jesus!!! ans thank you Nanny for being obeident to the Lord.

Kasey said...

Praise the LORD!

crystal said...

words r so hard to find after a service like tht...All I know how to say is "Thank You Jesus for the Vitory, Power, and Healing tht only comes form U"....