CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, July 19, 2008

Shop til you drop

That's exactly what Les and I did today.

She is re-doing her bathroom. Like for real! Her dad is completely gutting it out and starting over so she wanted to shop for decor.

My family, all three of them went to Six Flags over Georgia today. Kim's band, which is all of the teenagers, went. Steve was a driver, that's how he got to go. Isn't that kinda funny, my husband, my vertigo filled husband who cannot ride any sort of a roller coaster, because it makes him deathly sick went to a theme park. Now, that's commitment, if you ask me! ha!

Anyway, with them being gone, I had the day to myself so Les and I decided to hit the stores. We first went to Subway for lunch. I had buy one six inch get a second six inch for free. woo hoo!

After lunch, we went to Kohls. Les had a 20% off coupon. Today was our day for deals. We found her new bathroom stuff in about 5 minutes. Seriously, it took about that long for us to find what she liked. It was already 45% off and then she had her additional 20% off. After Kohls, we went to TJ Maxx. I had gotten 2 gift cards for my birthday, back in May, each for 25 dollars that I still had not spent. I needed, well...O.K. wanted a new shower curtain rod and hooks for my guest bathroom. I got those and also got a new pair of reef flip flops. I love that brand and usually they are at least $20 but TJ Maxx had a pair for $12.99, so I snatched them. Les didn't get anything at this store.

From there, we headed to, let 's see.....oh yeah, Marshals. I don't go in there much, but I like it. I also like the flip flops made by "roxy". They had some on clearance for $10. That's about half price of what they usually are. So, I snatched them also. I love flip flops, if you can't tell.

After Marshals, we went into Ross. I don't go in here much either, but I like it too. I didn't get anything from here but Les got a really cute skirt.

By this time, we were so tired. Like literally tired AND tired of shopping.

I wasn't expecting my family home until super late, like at least midnight. But, I talked to Steve and the park was closing at 5. Isn't that weird? Why would a theme park close so early in the middle of the summer? So, they should be home around 9. I bet they will be worn out.

I guess that's about it for now.

blessing - a good day!

p.s. Why isn't anyone posting or commenting much?!

3 comments:

Kasey said...

Glad you had a successful day of shopping, those are hard to come buy..haha get it "buy" by.

Erika J. said...

i did some shopping yesterday myself. i was on a curtain hunt. ended up buying other things. haha. isn't that the way it usually works?

Kasey said...

I remember our many times of agreement over the fascination of zits, how you would tell me to pop them or whatever. I also remember Damon and I coming over to your house and he would paint,and you would feed us dinner.