CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Gearing up for school

Today Lynn and I got our heads together and made our lists of what we will be needing for this school year. She and I have done this every year for the past 11 years now. We try to stay together in our schooling. It's nice to have our kids in the same grades. For the most part, we choose our "stuff" together. It's just easy when the kids are together for them to be doing the same things. So far, it's worked out nicely. This year there is one class that Justin will be taking at tutorial that I chose not to put Chandler in. For several years, we've done Landmark History but to change things up a bit, today, I bought Alpha/Omega for both of my kids. (just for history) Actually, Cha will be doing Government/Economics.

The subjects they will be taking this year are:

Chandler

Advanced Math - Saxon
Chemistry - Apologia (at tutorial)
British Literature (at tutorial)
Grammar/Composition - Write for College (at tutorial)
Government/Economics - Alpha/Omega
Bible - BTI Courses

Morgan

Algebra I - Saxon
History - Alpha/Omega
General Science - Apologia
Spanish
Easy Grammar
Spelling/Vocabulary - A Beka

I hope we have great year! I'm sooooooo thankful for homeschooling! It's worked for us and I'm so glad it has. It's been a blessing to be able to have taught my children how to read and now my son will be a junior in high school. WOW!!!!!!

changing books-----

Megan Taylor's (Ricky's wife) father had a heart attack this morning so Steve and I are heading up to the hospital here in a few. Please remember him in your prayers. Also, pray for Megan. She's 7 months pregnant and stress is not good for any of us but especially if you are expecting.

Also, pray for Bro. Dupre. He's very sick.

man, alot to pray about, huh? But, Prayer is our answer to everything!

love to all

0 comments: