CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Great laughter in Kroger with Morgan

I'll explain the title in a few.

This morning I went to clean Tommy's shop. (previous post). It took about 2 hours. His shop is pretty big. It took about 1 hour just to sweep. Seriously, my hands were sore from it. I think next week I'll wear gloves. I really don't mind it at all.

O.K. so to explain my title. Morgan was with me when I went grocery shopping today. She quickly got into the whole deal thing with me. I had forgotten to get hamburger buns so I asked her to go back to the first aisle and get them for me. I told her that they were 10 for 10. She went to get them and came back to me and said, "are these the ones"....they were. She said "but these only have 8 in the pack, you said 10". I got so tickled.

Next story of laughter.....

Toilet paper is one thing I do not buy off brand. I just can't do it. I knew I had a coupon for Quilted Northern and as I was looking for it, Morgan spotted some Kroger brand (not realizing it was Kroger brand) she yells...."MOMMA, THIS IS ONLY $2.99". It was so funny. She knew she had found the deal of the day. The look on her face and the excitement in her voice over that $2.99 toilet paper, we both laughed so hard. Maybe you had to be there. But it was one of those hysterical laughter moments.

***Let me just say, if you use off brand toilet paper, that's fine, there's just some things I can't go cheap on and that's one of them. LOL!

Anyway, she and I had the best time in Kroger today. It's the little things in life that are great that way. She's my precious baby girl. We have the best relationship and I thank God for it.

Tonight the Gleaners were in charge of the service. They did a great job. That Abby Donnafield is precious. She smiles ALL the time. I asked Amy tonight if she smiled like that at home too and she said "yes". She's such a cutie.

I'm tired. I think I'll call it a night.

blessing - fun in Kroger with my daughter.

5 comments:

Vicki Smith said...

Quilted Northern is the only brand I will buy. I'm with you; good deals are exciting but toilet paper is nothing to compromise on. We've used a lot of other brands when we got them in poundings, but Quilted Northern is ALL I buy. Since it looks like poundings are a thing of the past for us, QN it is!

And I'm so happy for your great relationship with your daughter. May it only grow richer and deeper through the years, should time tarry.

Erika J. said...

I only use Angel Soft. Lance has tried to get me to use Charmin before but it seems to 'leave behind' pieces - if you know what I mean. HAHA! Can't handle that! No cheapo toilet paper here.

Amanda Bull said...

I'm with y'all on the toilet paper. I'm a Quilted Northern girl, myself. I also don't skimp on peanut butter. I always get Peter Pan or Jif.

Vic said...

Erika you "cracked" me up...

Morgan said...

I was gettin into my shopping! I knew we were on a scavenger hunt for good deals, so when i saw that 2.99 i thought JACKPOT!!!