CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, April 19, 2008

Great Story

Les called me yesterday to share this precious story. It's so precious that I had to share here.

She went to Kentucky yesterday. This is where her parents live. She took Perry and Abby with her. (her nieces) Les and Abby, who is 4 were sitting on the front porch of her parents home. Abby says to Les, "pray for me not to be scared of that dog". (a dog next door). Les didn't realize Abby meant, right now. She thought that Abby meant pray for me "in general". Les quickly realized by the look on Abby's face that she meant....PRAY FOR ME, RIGHT NOW. So, Les prays, "Jesus, please help Abby not be afraid of that dog". Immediately after the prayer Abby says, "O.K., I'm not afraid anymore" and she goes straight over to the dog and starts playing with it.

Is that not a great story? Man, that right there is the perfect example of the the Bible telling us (adults) we must have child like faith. Shew, I want that kind of faith.

The story goes on, and this is the cute part. Abby comes back over to Les and Les says to her, "I thought you were not afraid anymore" and Abby says, "Oh yea, I forgot" and goes back over to the dog. Isn't that soooooo cute?

I loved this story. It speaks volumes to our faith, or what our faith should be. These kids have got it going on. Increase my faith Lord. Help me to IMMEDIATELY expect the result of my praying.

Have a great day!

blessing - good times with family and friends last night.

2 comments:

Vicki Smith said...

Pretty, perky pink template! Sweet story. Thanks.

Kasey said...

That is sweet...awww, I miss abby girl.man, you could just eat her up.