CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, April 5, 2008

Productive Saturday

I slept in until 9:00. That was nice. Steve had to work today. He works every other Saturday. Chandler slept over at Josh's house last night. I'm not sure what time Morgan and Katie finally got up. Katie is staying with us this weekend. Lynn and Gene went to Mississippi. That is where her father lived before he passed away and she wanted to get some things to remember him by. Things that were special to him and to her. Please say a prayer for her. She really never got closer with his death and she will need the strength of the Lord for this trip.

Since Bradley's accident Steve has been cutting my Nanny Doe's grass. Like I said, Steve worked today and needed to get our grass cut when he got home so Chandler and Josh went and cut Nanny's. Isn't that nice? Thanks, guys. That really helped Steve out.

I start my quarter of teaching tomorrow and wanted to get some things to decorate my Sunday School room with so I ventured to the Parent Teacher store today. I got a few things. The junior offenders class this quarter is all about "boats". Tomorrow's lesson is on Noah's Ark. Of course, I will bring in the type and shadow of the church. Along with each lesson, we are also going to be studying the 29 teachings. I have all girls in this class. There ages are from about 11 to 13. Some of them are members of the church and some not as of yet. I'm gonna be explaining "divine revelation" tomorrow. Pray for me, and pray for them.

After I got what I needed at the Parent Teacher store, I went to Kohls. I love that store. From there, I hit Kroger for my weekly shopping.

Most every weekend our young people hang out and do something. Today they went and played softball. It's good that they have that regular fellowship. And, alot of the time, if not every time, our youth leaders are with them. Galen and Amy are awesome. Last Sunday night after service, they took the young people to play basketball and then to Sonic. The kids absolutely love this. There are alot of things kids could be doing and alot of people they could be hanging with, so it means alot to me, as a mother of 2 teenagers that our youth leaders keep them involved with each other. It's a blessing. As a matter of fact, Morgan is on her way home right now from "hanging" with her friends from church.

Welp, I hope everyone has a blessed Sunday. It's suppose to be beautiful weather. No rain for a while. So enjoy it! I hope every one receives exactly what they need from the Lord in your services. Remember, if you don't....it's not God's fault.

love to all

***blessing - inspiration from the Lord!

4 comments:

Kasey said...

Love you.

Rachel said...

I forgot to tell you tonigt that we got y'all's card for Emily in the mail... Thank you! Nobody actually sends cards and letters via snail mail anymore (myself included!) so that was special. :-)

Oh, and what is the name of you Sunday School class again? Are you teaching them to be offensive? LOL! Sorry, I just couldn't resist. :-)

Tam said...

LOL...that's too funny. I didn't even realize....it's Junior DEfenders.

Autumn said...

ah not the parent teacher store!!! lol painful memories there!! right cha!? LOL LOVE YA Tam!