CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, February 1, 2009

Super great weekend

Friday!
Chelsei and I had a lunch date at Panera. It's "our" place. She treated me for lunch. I told her I was the adult and she was the child, it's wasn't right for her to pay. But, she insisted.....so, thanks again, Chels.

We made several other stops after that. The craft store, Walmart and I wanted to rent the movie "Fireproof". Which, by the way, is awesome, you all should watch it. It's a good clean movie. It's a christian movie. It's worth the watching.

When we made it back to the house, Chelsei and Morgan helped me work on the craft that I was doing at Super Bowl Saturday with the children.

Ah! that Chelsei..........I "secretly" have planned for her and Chandler to get married. It's a running joke with us. LaDonna said...."wouldn't they have some beautiful curly headed babies". Ha! After she got the Holy Ghost last Saturday night, on the way home from church, Steve said...."O.K. now I KNOW I want them to get married. HaHa! We give them a hard time about it. They are such best buds and have been there whole life. I have a picture of them together at Chandler's first birthday party. Seriously, I want the Lord's perfect will for both of them....I just hope His Will is for them to get married!!!! Even my Nanny will pick at Cha and say...."Chandler, that Chelsei Henderson is such a doll". It's funny!

Saturday!
Steve and I went first thing to get the church cleaned. Then at 2...Super Bowl Saturday. What a Super day it was. SO much fun!
The schedule was:
2:00 pm - tail gate party.....food and games
3:30 - the youth had 4 different 15 minute classes. The coaches (teachers) were: 1) offensive coordinater 2) defensive coordinater 3) special teams coordinator 4) quarterback coordinator

During this time was when I taught the children. I compared a football uniform to the Armour of God. I feel like it went well. The children really got involved and partcipated. Thank the Lord!

Next...time for the commercials. You know how the commercials are a huge deal in the Super Bowl. Well, each local church youth group had made up a commerical. They had some good ones. Then at 5:30 was the evangalist service. Wonderful again. I LOVE seeing our young people seeking God. Love it!

By the time it was over, this old woman was tired and ready for her P.J.'s. Of course, my kids went out with the youth to eat. Oh! how I remember those days! You know, the absolutley do not stop days. The ones where you could sleep for only a couple of hours just to be able to hang out longer with your church friends. I'm just old now! ha! I need my sleep. I'm so glad my children love it though. I want them to be with their church friends.

Sunday - Bro. Sutton had to preach a funeral today. So, Bro. Hall brought the morning message. AH! I SO enjoyed it. He has such a way with words. Interesting! Funny! Yet, heart moving! Very blessed, I was. After service, we went to eat Mexican food with LaDonna, Chelsei, Jacob, mom & dad. It was such a nice visit. LaDonna and I have been good friends since we were younger than Chelsei and Chandler. Many, many, many years! I love her dearly! Who knows, if Cha and Chels do get married, we might be family for real....hahahahahaha! just kidding!

So now, I've made a huge crock pot full of cheddar/potato soup to take to Tim and Ondra before church tonight. And then, back to church. Chelsei is doing the devotion. I'm looking forward to that. She always blesses me with her devotions.

I have tons of pictures from Super Bowl Saturday that I'm gonna put on my facebook. So, check um out.

That's been my weekend up to this point.

2 comments:

Viv said...

Hi Tam...I'm back!!

Tam said...

YAH!~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now, get you a facebook page!!!!!