CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Fixin to go

on a date with my sweetheart for Valentine's Day. I know, I know, it's still 2 days away but tomorrow night he has this work thingy and I'm NOT going on Saturday. Do you know how many people will be going out to eat on Saturday, the actual day. So, we are hitting it early. Off to Legends. OH SO YUMMY! And, to spend time with my honey. Just the two of us. I love it.

He called me today and I asked if we were still going. He said, "are the kids going?". I said, "NO, it's not a date when you take your kids." So, I whipped up some pancake batter for them. Morgan is gonna make them chocolate chip pancakes.

I'm sure I will be having some kind of chicken and Steve some kind of pasta. That's our usual. I love that man! We will be celebrating our 20 year anniversary on June 3. That sounds so weird. 20 years! It makes us sound so old. But, we don't feel old. What a blessing to be able to say....I've been married to the SAME man for 20 years. It's unheard of in the world today.

I wish I had more of Steve's qualitties. He's an amazing person. Really, amazing! He has, as the Bible refers...."an excellent spirit." He's a true Godly man! And, he's MINE!!!!!!!! I'm abundantly blessed!

Well, he's home. I'm going to eat!!!!!

4 comments:

emily said...

I hope you guys have fun! I'm sure you will.

And 20 years is awesome. I hope I get to have that one day.

Kasey said...

Brother steve is a good'un. :) You are blessed, hope you had a great night! :)

Karen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Karen said...

You know, every time you mention that you have been together for 20 years, I feel a little older. I remember your wedding! I remember the big dresses and the straw hats that had something to do with the flowers and the different salads on croissants. We still have copies of your wedding pictures at Amanda's house. I look at them every once in a while. You guys were perfect together then, and you still are now. Happy Valentines Day!