CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, February 7, 2009

Great Day

District Convention was wonderful today. Bro. Frizzell did an outstanding job for his very first convention as district overseer. I just love them Frizzells. We go wwwwwaaaaayyyyy back. Our families have a great history. I'm so sorry though for Carol loosing her mother. Please keep them in your prayers. They are a precious, precious family. And, please say a prayer for me. Bro. Jimmy asked me today if I would sing at the funeral. I told him I would be honored. The prayer request is for my voice. You know what a cold can do to your voice. But, I'm trusting the Lord will give me the strength in it to be a blessing.

I'm tired tonight and it's only 7:09pm. By this time each night, I feel pretty wiped out. Colds...stinkin colds.

Bro. Smith preached an outstanding message at the convention. I think that's the most I've ever seen him move around while preaching. Usually, like at the assembly, he just stays behind the pulpit. Today, he was all up and down the isles. It was a blessing. I absolutley loved his message on unity!

We had all different kinds of soups today. We had a district fellowship dinner after service. There was potato soup, veggie soup and chili. I went for the veggie soup. I think it was the best I've ever had. So tasty.

The weather around these parts today was unbelievable. 70 degrees. Can you believe that in February. I love it and it's suppose to be like this for the next several days. But, I do believe it's deceptive. I think we will get slammed again with frigid temps. Crazy weather. No wonder people have colds.

hope everyone enjoys the rest of your weekend

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ahh. i wish i could have been at the convention!

as far as the warm weather.
it's totally my doing.
i sent some down that way just for you guys.

Erika J. said...

70 here today.

Kasey said...

70 degrees?!? Good grief. I remember how it would change so quickly.