CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Like a truck ran over me

That's pretty much how I feel. This cold is about to get the best of me. I guess I shouldn't complain, I've been very blessed not to be sick in a long time.

Monday is when I started feeling it coming on. Tuesday I actually felt better. So, I thought, maybe it's not gonna be so bad. WRONG! Yesterday, AWFUL. I woke up with a pounding headache. I'm not kidding! It felt like my head was gonna explode off my neck. I could not miss Sis.White's funeral though. I just couldn't. I didn't make it to the grave side. By that time, I had to get home. Morgan stayed with mom & dad. She was feeling better yesterday with her cold. I got home, changed clothes and headed straight for the couch. And that's where I stayed until I did manage to get some dinner cooked. When Steve got home, he knew I had been sick all day, he said, "honey, you shouldn't have worried about cooking".....ah! what a nice fella!

I did manage to eat. But about 6:30pm, I was laying across my bed. Not even under the covers, just sprawled out across it. Ah, miserable! Around 7, I pulled the covers back on the bed and crawled underneath them. I got up a little later and got an apple and some peanut butter. What is that saying?....."feed a cold, starve a fever"......or something like that. One thing this cold hasn't done is wipe my appetite.

This morning, my head is not quite as bad as it was yesterday. Thank the Lord for that. But, I do feel purty ruff. Hopefully, this will pass soon. We have district convention this weekend and I do not want to miss. Maybe if I lay around today, well, as much as possible, that will help. And, drink plenty of O.J. Any more suggestions?

Prayers are greatly appreciated!

Oh... and I want to say........

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to two of my most favorite people in this world. Laura and LaDonna! I love you both very, very much!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Netty said...

Praying for you.

wemmies said...

You should try feeling like that with 6 kids and a husband that feels the same way! I don't get a break. Thankfully a lady at church made us some soup. You have no idea how much it helps for someone to fix you dinner. I was so relieved. The night before I was crying while I was cooking cause I felt so bad. *sigh*

That should help you feel some better. haha. Let me know if you want some dinner!!! :)

Kasey said...

Go buy garlic capsules. If you can handle it, cut up raw garlic and mix it with 1/4 cup honey and 2 tbsp of honey and make a cough syrup. No joke, I did that, and the next day i would feel better. Its rough, but really really works. Garlic speeds up your immune system. If you cant handle the cough syrup (which I gave up after a few days) get the capsules. love ya. if i was there, i'd cook for you.

Autumn said...

if YOU can handle the garlic? it's more like could your family handle your breath!!! garlic comes out of your poures, trust me josi eats it all the time and I pretty much have to kick her out of bed!! lol