CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

MAN...that wind is fierce!

The wind today will blow you away. Seriously, it's SO strong. I wonder if a tornado is gonna come this way?! This weather has been crazy. 70 degree temps in February. Too weird.

I had to take Cha for a sports physical this morning for soccer. The boy is 5 feet 10 inches and weights 145 pounds. Tall and thin, just like his daddy.

We drove seperate cars because I needed to go to Walmart from there. He headed back home until he went to work at 11:30. I got a few new things at the store this week. Lynn had been telling me that she has been getting salmon. So, I thought we would try it this week. Steve loves salmon anyway. You guys have any ideas on how I should make it? I'm not much for fried so if you have any other ideas, I'm up for it. I also got the stuff to make chicken encilladas(sp?). When I was sick last week, Wendy made dinner for us. This is what she sent. It was so good, so, I thought I would try it. I hope mine are good. You know when you make something, it never seems as good as when someone makes it for you. Oh and btw Wendy, the Nilla wafers are already gone. haha!

Man, that wind is so strong right now, it feels like it's gonna lift my house off the ground or at least blow out some windows. Shew!

Morgan is at Spanish class right now so I guess I need to get some things done around here. When she gets home, we need to do her Algebra.

4 comments:

Netty said...

My favorite way to cook it is putting it in a baking pan spray with Pam. I put any spice I am in the mood for and then I put onions, red peppers, green peppers, and garlic. I then cover it with foil and cook it until tender and done. Mmm ... thinking about getting me some peppers!

Vicki Smith said...

I fixed this a while back and it was SOOOOO GOOD!
Preheat oven to 375.
In a bowl, stir together 1 1/2 C mayonnaise and 1/2 C prepared mustard. Stir in 1 t chopped fresh thyme, 1 t dried oregano, and 1 t chopped fresh basil leaves. Place 1 1/2 pounds salmon fillets on a baking shet, and spread with the mayonnaise misture. Sprinkle with 2 t dried dill, or to taste. Bake for 30 - 40 minutes, until the salmon is easily flaked with a fork. YUMMMM!!! (My mouth is watering)

Kasey said...

My dad has several fish recipes, I believe he does something similar to Sis Net, load lots of olive oil, garlic, onions, butter, then seal and bake till fork tender. OR, you can cook it in just olive oil and butter, then fork it out and make fish tacos with the meat, just make sure you get all the bones. My dad has also made terriyaki salmon too.

Kasey said...

Oh and my dad does something similar to what Sis Smith just mentioned. I am not sure if he does it on Halibut or Salmon..and Tam, remember...its pronounced- SAM-UN. NOT SAL-MUN