CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

green beans

I love green beans. It's the only bean that I really like. So, when making dinner, they are usually something I make. And, I just make green beans from a can. Well, a friend was telling me how much she loved frozen green beans. That they are so good. Just steam them and eat them. She said they are much better for you than can ones. This week, Kroger has them on 10 for 10. So I bought about 5 bags. Last night I opended a bag and cooked them right up. When it came time for us to make our plates, someone, I cant remember who said something about the green beans looking different (it was probably Morgan). She said they looked flouresant. haha!

Chandler was still at soccer practice so it was just Steve, me and Mo. We sat down, began to eat and then it began. You all know that Morgan is a character anyway. "Momma, they're crunchy". "They are suppose to be crunchy, Morgan, they have more nutrients in them." "Why are they so fluresant"? "I don't know". "They taste like rubber". haha

I asked Steve if he liked them and he said what he always says if he doesn't like something. "They're not my favorite". Steve is not a picky eater whatsoever. And, he's always careful not to hurt my feelings whatsoever.

Well, Morgan got on a roll..................."these things are waxy"....(laughing her head off the entire time). (I must admit, it was kinda funny). She said, "shhh, be queit, listen"...and she made us listen to the crunch"...hahaha So, of course, Steve chimed in with her. "They feel like they are cleaning my teeth". Mo continued...."I'm not gonna have to floss my teeth tonight". It was really, really funny.

Chandler comes home. He fixes his plate. Mo and Steve "warn" him about the green beans. I think they scard him cause he didn't even put any on his plate. As I was cleaning the kitchen, I convinced him to try one. He did and he said they were not that bad at all. Chandler is so much like Steve that I don't know if he really liked them or if he was being careful not to hurt my feelings. Anyway, the whole thing was humorus, truly. Steve did say, " you know we are picking" and I was sure to tell him it didn't bother me at all.

I, pesonally, thought they were O.K. I will eat them again, after all I have 4 more bags in the freezer. haha!

Changing books here...I'm super excited to hear my dad preach tonight at Antioch. Bro. Sutton asked him to preach for the BTI service. This is the first time that he would have preached at Antioch since the appointment. And, I don't think I've heard my dad preach since he left Antioch. So, I'm super duper excited.

Hope everyone has a great day!

6 comments:

wemmies said...

I can't believe it's not butter spray helps with the taste. The rubbery part isn't as bad if you thaw the bag first. But yeah.. they are better for you but not better tasting.

The best is getting them in the produce section and steaming them. Now that is good!

Rachel said...

I think they taste WAY better than canned! But I cook most of the vitamins out of them in boiling water. And butter and salt, and bacon too on occasion!

Yup, gotta love those healthy veggies!

Autumn said...

HAHAHA I wish soo bad I could have been there!!! sissy and I seriously have our best laughs at the dinner table!!!!!!!!!

Vicki Smith said...

I call frozen green beans "airplane beans." Back in the olden days when airlines served actual MEALS--like on a plate with real silverware instead of plastic--they served nuked frozen beans. They taste like plastic rubber, or rubber plastic. I do not like them, Sam I am! There's a LOT of "healthy" stuff I don't buy and don't eat. I'd rather die happy than healthy. ;-)

Kasey said...

I tried to give those to Damon a few times I believe...I am not sure, but I don't think they went over as well as regular (canned) green beans either.

The Guy said...

Next time try cooking them Italian style...thaw them out, and sautee them in 2 tbs of olive oil, red pepper flakes, minced red onion, and 1 clove of fresh garlic. Sprinkle with sea salt, cracked black pepper. They will still have a crunch to them but also lots of taste. It's Magnifico!