CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, June 27, 2008

Continuing vacation

After church on Sunday in Minnesota, we headed for Chicago. We got there around 9:00pm, checked into the hotel and then went and grabbed a bite to eat. Josh stayed with us that first night and then we took him to the airport on Monday to fly back home. We made a stop at IHop on the way to the airport for some yummy pancakes! After dropping him off, we headed to the Navy Pier. This is outside shopping and attractions. We rode a VERY tall ferris wheel. I'm not real big on heights but it wasn't too bad. We walked through downtown Chicago after going to the Navy Pier and MAN, I could NOT live there. Way, way too busy for me. It's crazy, the people and the chaos. In all of our walking, which was ALOT, we found a mall. Of course, Morgan had to stop in, and of course she found something to buy. That night for dinner we ended up at Applebees.

The next day, Tuesday, we went to the coolest aquarium I have ever seen. Usually after you've seen one fish you've seen them all but this place was HUGE and had tons and tons of different things to see. We watched a dolphin show. Fun memories. This night we got Chicago style pizza. This place is known for really, really good pizza and it certainly lives up to it's name. Before eating pizza, we went to the top of the Sears Tower. It's the 3rd tallest building in the world. WAY up there!

Wednesday was kind of a laid back day. We didn't really have much planned so we just drove around checking things out. Steve likes to visit the colleges in different towns and get a t-shirt to bring back home. This trip he got one from DePaul University. Our flight wasn't planned to leave until 9:45pm. Why we got such a late flight, I don't know except for we were probably thinking it would give us another whole full day but by early afternoon we were ready to come home. We got to the airport early hoping to get an earlier flight but no such luck. So, we just hung around the airport waiting to leave. Morgan and I checked out the gift shops and I got a chance to grab Bradley a Chicago shirt.

We had a super great time. We always have the best times on family vacation. We enjoy each other's company. We laughed so hard a couple of times. Steve mentioned to the kids about bringing a friend some time with them on our vacation and Chandler said "no, I wouldn't like that. I like it just being us". Oh, I loved that. I thank the Lord for my husband and children. I feel blessed more than I deserve.

Enjoy the pics, you can click on them to enlarge if you want.






0 comments: