CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, March 1, 2009

We got it!

Snow!  We actually got snow.  It's so pretty.  It's nice but it's kinda hindered our plans a little. 


I got a call from my aunt on Thursday.  She told me that my Pa (my dad's father) is not doing well. His health is really going down hill.  My uncle Danny, (my dad's brother) and his wife (the aunt that called me) live next door to my grandparents.  She told me that it would probably be a good idea for us to visit if we could.  So, we all made plans to go to the Portland church (where my grandparents attend) this morning.  And, then we would spend the whole afternoon visiting with them.  

I have been very, very blessed to have all 4 of my grandparents for this long.  I'm almost 41 so that's pretty unheard of.  I'm not sure how much longer that will be so we really feel like we need to spend time with him.  I'm not saying that I feel like he' s gonna die soon.  I have no idea.  That is in the hands of the Lord.   But, if he's as bad as my aunt says, we need to go.  

Back to the snow.  That is what has hindered us.  Because of the ice and snow, it has delayed this trip.   We are keeping an eye on it.  Hopefully, we can head up there this afternoon and still get that visit in.   We shall see.  Please pray for him and for my Granny.  

Yesterday was a nice Saturday.  I got some house cleaning done.  I had to go to a soccer meeting for Chandler.  Oh and...........Chandler accidentally crashed my car.   WHAT?!  yep, that's right.  His car was in the garage.  He was backing it out to go to work and didn't see how close he had gotten to my car as he was pulling out.  And, CRUNCH.  The back side now has a really nice, HUGE cave in it.  I hated it for him.  I felt bad for him.  It was SO an accident.  It could have happened to anyone.  But, thankfully, noone was hurt.  It could have been worse.  And, in the  big picture of things.....it's just a car.  It's just a car with a HUGE dent now, but it 's just a car. hahaha!!!!   It can be fixed.

Last night we had band service at the Mayberry's home.  Lynn did a great devotion on fear.  There was alot of communication going on about the subject.  It was nice.    We had some yummy food and really good fellowship.

If you got this snow, enjoy it.  I'm hoping this is the last of  "winter".  I'm now really ready for Spring.   Sunny, warm days which means....Flip Flops!!!!   YAH!!!!!

4 comments:

Dandy Andy said...

hey Tam!
i'm joining you guys in this thing
=)

Tam said...

yeah!!!! i'm so glad!

Vicki Smith said...

I have not seen ONE FLAKE of snow! Others here in Cleveland said they saw some floating around, but I didn't see ANYTHING white. It's so not fair. It was very cold and blustery, but no snow. *pouting*

Anonymous said...

like the new layout! hurry up, spring. =D