CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, March 16, 2009

I guess I'll post

This past weekend we were in revival. AWESOME! The preaching was awesome. Bro. Dupre (Poppa) was the minister. I love hearing his wisdom. I wish I had half that wisdom. I've known him a long, long, long time. He was my pastor all of my growing up years. He married Steve and me and he and Brenda are Chandler's godparents. Our families go wwwwaaaaayyyyy back. Great memories together. Some of the things that he said during his messages were simply, well, I don't really have the words. Just what we needed, to say the least. Thank the Lord!

One thing I remember him saying...."everything we do, from this point forward will determine where we end up". So simple, but yet so deep. Think about it...."everything we do". Makes me want to do everything right. How bout you?

Saturday we had TN/AL Music Day. That Janet Talley is just so talented. And, so funny. I love her. She did a great job, of course. We enjoyed great fellowship and some yummy spaghetti.

It was a very tiring weekend. By Sunday afternoon, I so needed a nap and I got one. After church, the family (the 4 of us, momma, daddy, Rick and Les)( and Lindsei...she's staying with us until next Thursday) went to eat Mexican. We started telling stories and got hysterical laughter. I love to laugh so hard that it hurts. The kind that you cannot control. It's the best. Well, its the best unless it's in church. Which has happened to me more times than I can count.

I got that Sunday afternoon nap then headed back to church. Good stuff, I tell ya.

Today has been a good day too. The weather is warming up. Tomorrow is suppose to be in the 70's. YES!!!! And, tomorrow is Chandler's first outdoor soccer game. Perfect weather for that.

Next week we are on spring break. Ah! nice!

I'm gonna go take a nice hot bath so bye for now!

1 comments:

LaDonna said...

I wish I could have been there to hear my dad preach; I miss that. Hope Cha's game goes well.