CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, March 6, 2009

Tired but Accomplished!!!

Well, I did it. Today, I officially started my Spring cleaning. "Started" being the important word here. I worked ALL day. Not kidding you! I stopped long enough to eat lunch and when my car was ready to be picked up (yah, no crunch anymore), Chandler drove me to get it. I had a few errands to run while I was out. Then, back home. By this time it was about 5 and I was pretty much done with the cleaning for today. I'm not finished. Oh no! Didn't get to the upstairs at all.

I started in my closet. I had things in there that I haven't worn in years. So, I bit the bullet and gave them to Goodwill. Well, they are in a bag, ready to go to Goodwill. There was this one dress that I took off the hanger, folded it, looked at it again and almost kept. I even held it up to myself. But, I quickly reminded myself...."Tammy, get rid of it. You haven't had that on in way to long." So, it's in the bag. Good for me, right?!

Next, I tackled my bathroom. I cleaned all the baseboards. Man, it's amazing how much hair is in a bathroom. SICK!!! I vacuumed the drawers and wiped them out. And, threw things away from under the counter. It's so freeing to throw things away when you are Spring cleaning...I loved it! I got all the baseboards scrubbed in my bedroom, the living room, the foyer, the dining room, the hallways and our family room. Oh, and Chandler's bathroom. I cleaned/dusted all the blinds in those rooms as well. And, the celing fans. I wiped down the doors...front and back.

The kitchen was a job within itself. I scrubbed above all the kitchen cabnits and cleaned all the stuff that I have sitting up there as well. I cleaned the inside of the fridge. I had a scare while doing that. Because I had the door open for a while, the light on the inside of the fridge had gotten really, really hot. I accidentally touched the light bulb with the wet rag that I was using to clean with and .......POP!!!!! Very loudy, it busted. Scared the bujebees out of me. It sounded like a shot gun (not quite so loud, but you get the idea). But, that fridge sure is clean. Sparkling! I pulled the fridge out and cleaned behind it. I even mopped my kitchen floor and in the family room. That's not really spring cleaning, the mopping part, it's more like basic cleaning but it needed it, so I went ahead and did it.

Let's see....I still have my laundry room to tackle and the guest bedroom for downstairs. Then, I will hit the upstairs. I just love it when everything is really clean. Makes me feel good!

Unfortunatley, I will not get to continue my cleaning tomorrow. We will be leaving the house at 8am. Chandler has an indoor soccer tournament. He plays 5 games. I'm looking forward to it. It's kicking off our soccer season. Please pray for Cha. His throat is still hurting but he is bound and determined to play. He's already in bed. I'm hoping he sleeps really, really well.

I guess I will have to continue my Spring cleaning next week. Or maybe, I can do a little in between servcies on Sunday. We shall see.

until next time

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man, you spring cleaning. It's like Christmas all over again, isn't it? Haha!

Kasey said...

Can you come do my house now?? ;) I know the feeling though, when you pull stuff out and vacuum, scrub, whatever and its all clean, like REALLY clean. Not just surface clean. I did that to my pantry (cept I didn't wipe down the shelves completely) recently. Reorganized, threw stuff away I didn't need, etc..sooo enjoyable, WHEN finished. ;) I need to do that to my house and garage.

Dandy Andy said...

goodNESS i wish i was as disciplined in my cleaning as you are. it's so hard cleaning out clothes; the whole time you think, oh i'll wear that still. and then you don't. so yes, good job on that dress!

Karen said...

Tam, if you only knew how much your last few posts have helped me. Thank you for being so focused in everything you do, especially your cleaning. You really have no idea how you have inspired me!

Tam said...

Karen....WOW! I had NO idea that I was inspiring anyone. I was just cleaning. haha!