CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, March 1, 2009

My PA Day

If you read my previous post, you know that we went and visited with my grandparents today. My Pa's health has taken a turn downhill so we thought it to be a good idea to visit. We had such a nice time. As soon as I got there, I went straight to my Pa. He was sitting at the dining room table eating. I gave him a huge hug and he immediatley started crying. He said, "I don't want to leave you all, but ill get to see Rita." Rita is his daughter (my dad's sister) who was killed in a car accident when she was 17. When he said that, it was enough to break your heart.

He was very weapy today off and on. He kept going on and on about how wonderful his family is. How he had the best family of all. I heard him say, "I have felt more like myself today". It was just so sweet. It was very special to be there. I took tons of pictures that you can see on my facebook page. Pictures that I'm sure I will cherish forever.

He has been having mini strokes and has dementia. He's really forgetting alot. He's really just pitiful. This past week he's really gotten worse. My Granny has been caring for him. He doesn't want her to leave his side at all. She said she has to pray him to sleep or just pat him like you would a baby. I know she's so tired. So, please pray for her strength. My Granny has always been a very, very strong lady. VERY strong becasue of her faith in the Lord.

My dad anointed him before we left and the entire family prayed for him. As we were all leaving, he said...."well, I've seen my family now, I'm ready to go to Heaven."

I love my Pa. He's always been a wonderful man. A man that knows the Bible. A man full of much faith. He would do anything for his family. As I was walking out the door, I hugged him again and he said to me, "if you need me for anything, i'll try to get there or find someone who can".

As we were pulling out of the driveway today, leaving their house, I told Steve, "I sure do have tons of memories at this house." When I was younger, I stayed with them alot. Tons of memories that I wouldn't trade for the world.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awh! What he said to you when he hugged you was so sweet. i seriously almost teared up.

Kasey said...

I am about to cry. I know you cherish your family, and that makes all the differences amongst one another. Thank the Lord for a glad reunion day.

Vic said...

This broke my heart and yet I am glad he is almost finished his race....It's been a long road for him since Rita died...How wonderfully blessed to get all of the family there together before he goes...I will pray for Sis Campbell, she is going to need it in more ways than just rest...

Amanda Bull said...

I am praying for your family.

Karen said...

I am praying for you.